PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

H3 making funning Noise while turning!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Default H3 making funning Noise while turning!!

2006 H3 27,000 miles...I am not sure what the problem might be here, when I corner left or right (sharply) I can hear a rattling, I really cant put my finger on where it is Front or Back, Left or Right. I have checked my skid plate and it is tight as a drum. I have read that hummers will just have sounds as they age? I have really off roaded my H3. My thoughts are may be a Shock or bushing? I am not mechanicly inclined so I need a little help figuring this out. Also when I leave the black top and go to gravel I can hear it. I do not feel anything in the wheel or pedals I just hear it.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H3 making funning Noise while turning!!

Check things with brackets like the exhaust pipe/muffler. Not hearing the noise it is a little hard to analyze.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:39 PM

Maybe your differential is locked? The center or right dash buttons lock the differential and it chatters when cornering.

Old 12-16-2007, 12:54 PM

ORIGINAL: D VADER

Maybe your differential is locked? The center or right dash buttons lock the differential and it chatters when cornering.
That was my first thought.

Old 12-16-2007, 06:16 PM

I have heard that nosie before and thats not it. What would a bad shock sound like?

Old 12-17-2007, 12:36 AM

I've got a similar noise that just popped up that I'm trying to track down. I'd like to have a good idea what it is before I take it in.

It's hard to describe but sounds almost like something odd shaped rolling across the cargo area?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:18 PM

I have that noise to. For me it happens when I take a sharp turn with speed, but not on the breaks or on the gas. Just kind of coasting if you know what I mean. I feel like it is coming from the front end but have yet to figure out exactly where. I have been thinking of taking it in. Maybe after the holidays.

Old 12-17-2007, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Can you get that noise when driving 25 or so and (with no traffic) swerve back and forth like starting to take a turn, then back the other way? I'm trying to figure if it is when turning left vs right, or is it both?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:50 PM

It seems to happen more on left turns. Also if I am on a down slope it seems to happen easier. I will try and find some empty roads or parking lot and really figure out when it happens

Old 12-17-2007, 11:39 PM

Have you had your steering column checked? Supposedly it just affedted 07's, well my 06 had the problem also, and I did not feel it in the steering wheel or pedals either as most people described. I only heard it...The dealer replaced it and that was the problem.

I also had a crossmember come loose that I would hear ( and felt also ) when I turned,so that may be something to check.

I have moderatly off roaded mine and it does make sounds/rattles more than it used to. Besides age I do think there may be something loose somewhere up front on mine also. I am taking mine in for some other stuff soon ( loose driver side mirror and passenger side seat track need to be replaced) so while I am there I want them to check the front end.

Quick Reply: H3 making funning Noise while turning!!