PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2019, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by 650Hawk
Could b ewrong I suppose, but my money is on the transfer case encoder motor. That's the exact symptoms I have seen before with my wife's Tahoe. Hint, OEM encoder motor only, or you will be replacing it again.
Could that still be the issue even though I can switch to 4 High lock and 4 Low lock? I can switch to those and drive around my yard.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:03 PM

Also I forgot to add that the CV joint on my front drive shaft was messed up. The boot was ripped off and slung into my under carriage. Believe it or not it was still stuck behind a piece of metal and I was able to grab it out. I replaced that part but still had the issue.

Old 05-16-2019, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by JamieNavaro
Also I forgot to add that the CV joint on my front drive shaft was messed up. The boot was ripped off and slung into my under carriage. Believe it or not it was still stuck behind a piece of metal and I was able to grab it out. I replaced that part but still had the issue.
What did you find in the the front diff fluid?

Old 05-16-2019, 08:45 PM

I’m hoping to drain it in the morning. I have a small business I run and I have real busy this week.

Old 05-17-2019, 12:08 PM

i Didn’t find any metal flakes or chunks in the differential oil! I drained it all then slowly poured most of it off til I got to the bottom of the pan and it was clean.

Old 05-17-2019, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by JamieNavaro
i Didn’t find any metal flakes or chunks in the differential oil! I drained it all then slowly poured most of it off til I got to the bottom of the pan and it was clean.
I can't make out your picture. Looks like a pile of dogshlt? Use a stick magnet and see if anything attracts to it. If all good, check the fluid on the transfer case. Btw get some fresh fluid in the front diff. I recommend royal purple maxgear.

Old 05-17-2019, 04:08 PM

Yeah that was the only thing I had to put the oil in. My neighbor helped me check it for metal but it didn’t have any in it.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:58 PM
Default Transmission control system

Hello I have a 2008 H3 Hummer Alpha Series I keep getting a code that comes up saying transmission control system has anyone had to deal with this before

Old 05-17-2019, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Laurence Hardeman
Hello I have a 2008 H3 Hummer Alpha Series I keep getting a code that comes up saying transmission control system has anyone had to deal with this before
Lauren, I thought it was your wife's H3, and why did you hijack this thread?

Old 05-25-2019, 08:03 AM
Angry help

I wonder if that was the result of a stabilitrac shut down causing a low power mode while going down the highway? That happened to me going about 30 mph. Suddenly lost power and rev than i couldn't go more then 10 mph. No damage just cleaning the aftermath of a rogue mouse ate half my air filter.

Quick Reply: H3 help!!!!