PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H3 DashCam Mount

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 11:53 PM
Default H3 DashCam Mount

I am looking for ideas for a method of mounting a camcorder on the dash to record my next trip. Any help out there? I would prefer not using the velcro-on-the-dash trick.

Old 05-06-2008, 12:04 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: H3 DashCam Mount

www.stickypod.com use Reference #37 and code sticky 5. I ordered the $120.00 model. Muddy has the same one I think.

Old 05-06-2008, 06:12 AM

Does that mount to the outside? None of thoose look like they would work on the inside of the windshild.

I was going to use a flat mount that would rest on the dash with suction cups on the front edge to stick to the windshild.

I had good luck just setting it on the dash, I justhad to steady it in the rough spots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h23EBW7fa-o

Old 05-06-2008, 07:20 AM

The sticky pod mounts on the inside, if you look at the Wharton pictures with JL's H2, you can see his setup. It was one suction cup on the windshield and two on the dashboard. Muddy bought the same one, I'm going to borrow his setup for my May 15th run down in Kinlzow's. I'll let you know how it did.

Old 05-06-2008, 07:55 AM

I was going to recommend how the camera is mounted in my patrol car but you stated you would like to avoid velcro... which I totally understand. The only other option I can think of are the camera mounts produced by RAM Mounts.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:19 AM

ORIGINAL: ZGXtreme

I was going to recommend how the camera is mounted in my patrol car but you stated you would like to avoid velcro... which I totally understand. The only other option I can think of are the camera mounts produced by RAM Mounts.
Thanks for the link.... much better prices and flexible options.

Just found item RAM-VB-165its a mount designed for the H3 that attacheswith the passenger seat bolts. That should be a solid mount.

Old 05-06-2008, 08:47 AM

Not a problem Steve, I have to live in a car at work for 8+ hours a day so I understand how having the perfect setup can make life much easier. While I personally have not tried any of their products (would like to try the laptop stand/Toughbook Dock) I have never heard anything negative. I would not recommend JottoDesk for anything you may consider in the future if you seek a product they produce. Our new laptop mounts are flimsy and do not lock up well at all. The RAM Mount seems like they have really thought out their design and put out a solid product. Best of luck and keep us updated.

Old 05-06-2008, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator

Sticky pods mount to anything.... they have pictures on their site stuck from Kayak's to 18wheelers.

You get what you pay for though...

Old 05-06-2008, 08:36 PM

Awesome! Thanks for all the input. I went with this one: LINKY

My camera is pretty light so this should do it.

Also, thanks to Steve #1. I was also looking for a laptop mount. I think the one you linked to would do nicely.

Old 05-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

make sure you tether that or your shots will suck.... those things vibrate like crazy... hence why I went with the sticky pod...

Quick Reply: H3 DashCam Mount