PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Guns and Hummers!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 03:20 PM
Default Guns and Hummers!

If guns offend you then this thread isnt for you and you can just move on, but for those who like guns then this thread is for you. What do you guys have for a system to keep your guns of choice secure in your ride? I saw a pic a long time ago (not sure if it was this forum or not) where a guy replaced his tire jack with his AK47. I thaught this was a great idea.
Personally im working on one thing right now...got a kydex holster that i plane on pounting inside on the driverside somewere...either under the steering wheel column or by my leg. I do cargo bin in the trunk where i keep my AR. i want to mount a safe somwhere. I was thinking inside the tailgate. Maybe removing the tirejack..not sure...if i get a hilift jack then i could mount that to the roof rack and get rid of the old tirejack.
Anybody got any thaughts to share of their own ideas or placements?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:23 PM

Have my conceal carry, gun is on me at all times. I saw someone with an h3 who mounted a holster to the right of the steering wheel and down. It's a great place and easy to get to. I'll look for the picture and post it if I can find it.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 PM

i always keep my concealed gun on me too, from the moment i leave the house until i get home. I was just think that sometimes on a long ride it can get a little uncomfortable and need a secure place to put it, or in the sircumstance that i have to go into a place that doesnt allow people to carry. Which personally i think is a load of horse crap, do they really think a criminal is gonna care about a little sign?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:32 PM

I found it. It's actually from this site. I don't know who it is, but it's a convenient spot. Nice installation too.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:46 PM

yeah that looks good...i want to do something similar.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:38 PM

That is where i have mine mounted

Old 05-19-2013, 10:36 PM

CWP - I have one on my hip when I'm out of the house. I'm just not comfortable leaving a loaded firearm in my truck, I don't like the thought of someone breaking into my truck and finding it.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:45 AM

I dont either skeptic, but there are those times when you need to go into a place that doesnt allow concealed weapons. that makes me uncomfortable as hell.
yes if its concealed they will never know you have it on you, but i dont want to risk getting in any trouble with the police because i brought my weapon in a place that forbids it. I dont need that kind of stuff on my report. It could cause you to loose you ccw or not have it reinstated.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:10 PM

Does anyone have a photo of a rifle mounted in the tailgate?

Old 06-10-2013, 09:08 PM

I think that dash mount is just for when you're driving. I carry mine on my back hip and it's really uncomfortable driving with it there. So a mount like that is a good solution, plus it's easy to reach in a situation where you would need to get it. I would never leave it there if I got out of my vehicle. If I go into a place where you can't carry it goes under the seat. Out of sight.

Quick Reply: Guns and Hummers!