PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Good and Bad Reviews...

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 10:29 AM
Default Good and Bad Reviews...

I've been driving my H3 for a few days now and I have to say, I have never driven or owned a nicer vehicle... I was a bit apprehensive handing over 30000 bucks when there was a good supply of negative reviews online but since picking it up, I have gone back through all the reviews I read (yahoo auto) and found that almost all if not all of the negative reviews were from tire kickers and not owners... As a matter of fact, I don't even find a lack of power that almost everyone agrees it has... I owned a Chevy Silverado v8 2 vehicles ago and it was no faster than my new H3... Anyone out there actually have one they don't like (no tire kickers or test drive only please)??

Old 11-04-2005, 12:41 PM
Default RE: Good and Bad Reviews...

i don't own one, but the one couple i know that has one loves it. they take it off road a lot and so far have no complaints. we're all heading up into the desert this afternoon with 11 other various numbered hummers (12 in all, mix of all 3 models). i'll race them with the bus and let ya know how that turns out, and pass along any complaints they may have.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:40 PM

I test drove the H3 before buying the H2. I wasn't thrilled with the power but it didn't seem that bad either. After all its a 4X4 off road truck. Not a vette. Who really cares. My H2 has lots of power but I dont drive it fast or quick. At our last HUmmer Happeing the H3 owners were very happy with thiers. We'll be getting an H3 for the wife when her minivan lease is up!

Old 11-22-2005, 04:55 AM

I bought my H3 in August, fully loaded with the lux and off road package. loved it! But it has been back at the dealer's for 2 weeks now. has had the fuel injectors replaced, gasket, intake manifold, and now I was told today they want to put a new cylinder head on it! they said that one of the cylinders is misfiring, but they dont know why. I was also told todat that 2 more built around the same time came in with the same problem. I have a case manager at GM looking at the situation, but I have no ETA as to when of if I will get it back. It may just be a bad batch, but at this point I just want another vehicle all together. GM is supposed to give me an update after Thanksgiving. I hope I dont have to get a lawyer involved

Old 11-22-2005, 08:12 AM

I had a similar thing happen with my boss' Dodge RAM pickup... They went through 3 or 4 gaskets before they admitted the head was not right and was the cause all along... Just to be safe however, what were the various symptoms that happened to force your truck in the shop in the first place?? Need to watch for them I guess...

Old 11-22-2005, 11:35 PM

In my case the check engine light came on and it was rough when ideling.

Old 11-23-2005, 11:17 AM

I have driven a Jeep product for nearly 20 years and traded my V8 '03 Grand Cherokee for a H3. I would have liked is a little more flexability in choosing options (ie homelink w/o going Lux). This minor, I like what I got...

Old 11-23-2005, 05:58 PM

Yes I agree... Too many options were factory when lots of them should have been dealer available with no trouble at all... i.e. XM radio, remote starter, etc... Potential buyers can see the factory options as well as the dealer options on the Hummer site but what you don't understand until you’re buying is that they are set in stone that way...

Old 11-24-2005, 09:25 PM

i love mine