PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Fuse 53

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 04:18 PM
Thumbs up Fuse 53

When I got my 07 back in Oct., I noticed that the heated seats were not working. So I did like a lot of people on this forum and checked fuse #1 and it was good but the heated seats did not work. A few people have had heated seat problems on this forum and I looked at every one and really did not come up with a solution to the problem. I downloaded a manual and started to look at the electrical for the heated seats and noticed that the switch had a 10amp fuse on the block at #53 so I pulled it out and it was blown. Replaced it and I now have heated seats. I did not realize that the switch lights up (not very bright) and I just was not understanding when people were saying that their switch lights up.
Well if #53 is blown, the switch is not going to light. So in conclusion if you are having problems with your heated seats, check fuse #1 20amp for the heated seats and fuse #53 10amp for the switch.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Banned

since i no longer have hot seats,and im still crying about it,i wont bother looking it up but ill guess that the 10a fuse and the sw control the relay that uses the 20 a fuse for the heating elements

Old 12-28-2011, 08:01 PM

Yes it controls the llVAC relay 87. The #53 goes right to this relay and over to the #1.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:03 PM

Thanks for the post on the Heated Seat issue and the "solve" to the issue. I'm sure there will be future searches for heated seat issues and a fix!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:14 PM

Your welcome and I hope someone will benefit from this information.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Thanks for the post on the Heated Seat issue and the "solve" to the issue. I'm sure there will be future searches for heated seat issues and a fix!
X2 and Kudos!

Old 11-25-2018, 06:09 PM
Default Funny question

Originally Posted by ultraclassic01
Your welcome and I hope someone will benefit from this information.
ok I'm lost where is this fuse 53? They are not labeled. ... I have a 05 h2t

Old 11-25-2018, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Non Yerbus
ok I'm lost where is this fuse 53? They are not labeled. ... I have a 05 h2t
You're posting in the H3 section. Do you have an H3T or SUT? There is no H2T. I'm assuming you're talking about SUT since you said 05. If your heated seats don't work in your H2 it's most likely the heating element but we need more specific detail on your problem.

Also...this thread hasn't had a post in it for 7 years...

Old 11-25-2018, 07:51 PM
Default Oh and oops

Yea it's a h2 truck (sut) & do ya really think it's the seat element. ... darn I'd hate to tear these open. But they all work but the passenger. .. even with the seat belt fastened. No light momma says she thinks it gets warm. . But I think it's just the heat from her butt. (Just bought this used)

Old 11-25-2018, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Non Yerbus
Yea it's a h2 truck (sut) & do ya really think it's the seat element. ... darn I'd hate to tear these open. But they all work but the passenger. .. even with the seat belt fastened. No light momma says she thinks it gets warm. . But I think it's just the heat from her butt. (Just bought this used)
Write a detailed post in the H2 section of the symptoms you're having

Quick Reply: Fuse 53