PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Front Wiper Problem only works on high :(

Old 02-07-2011, 03:31 PM
Default Front Wiper Problem only works on high :(

One day my wipers stopped working correctly.. after the ice storm.. and yes I left the wipers on so once I started the car the wipers turned on and pushed the snow and ice.. For some reason they only now work on High all the other delays and low do not work.
I checked all the fuses related to the wipers and they are all good. I suspect it maybe the high/low relay . I called my dealer and they said its probably the motor . Well I passed the 50k warrenty and they are gonna charge couple hundred dollars to fix it. Does anyone have a similar problem and or has gotten there’s fixed? I am not sure if this is a relay or diode problem. When I change the switch from high to a lower position the wiper stops anywhere and does not park back home. When I put the position to the down below the low speed it goes on and stops where it pleases. I am pretty much driving with my wipers in field goal position.. very annoying.
Any troubleshoot or ideas will help thanks..

Old 02-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Banned
Default caution!

b4 anything else, do not mess with the mechanism with batt connected. i u move the motor drive arm and your fingers are in the way U CAN BE CRIPPLED,,, IF IT MOVES PAST THE PARK SW IT CAN TAKE OFF,A WITH TREMENDOUS POWER.
believe someone who has been there with headlight motors!! these geared down motors cant be stopped.

that said, ill look to see if the book has any help, or someone will show up

edit, like everything in h3 the wiper circuits are messy, complex. a guess would be relay73. it looks the same as rel 72. if u swap them and ANYTHING CHANGES, ID CHANGE REL 73. buy one, then u can swap it.
for some reason the ac clutch diode is in that circuit, dont ask me why, its messy.

Last edited by drtom; 02-07-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:55 AM

Thanks Tom,
ill try the swap and let you know what happens

Originally Posted by drtom
b4 anything else, do not mess with the mechanism with batt connected. i u move the motor drive arm and your fingers are in the way U CAN BE CRIPPLED,,, IF IT MOVES PAST THE PARK SW IT CAN TAKE OFF,A WITH TREMENDOUS POWER.
believe someone who has been there with headlight motors!! these geared down motors cant be stopped.

that said, ill look to see if the book has any help, or someone will show up

edit, like everything in h3 the wiper circuits are messy, complex. a guess would be relay73. it looks the same as rel 72. if u swap them and ANYTHING CHANGES, ID CHANGE REL 73. buy one, then u can swap it.
for some reason the ac clutch diode is in that circuit, dont ask me why, its messy.

Old 11-05-2014, 05:48 PM
Default H3 Wiper issues like others...no parking

Originally Posted by HumV
Thanks Tom,
ill try the swap and let you know what happens

I swapped the relays too...no help...is it the motor or BCM?

something else?

Old 11-06-2014, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ssanders11
I swapped the relays too...no help...is it the motor or BCM?

something else?
Something else.... from three almos FOUR YEARS AGO?

Wipers have High split off from the lower settings (2 circuits).

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/
Please do not dig up old threads.