PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Front End Rattle and Gas Pedal Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Default Front End Rattle and Gas Pedal Problem

Well, Saturday I drove 52 miles one way to the Hummer dealership for my $47 oil change. They knew I had the front end rattle problem due to the steering shaft and they said they had the revised steering shaft in stock. They asked if I wanted them to take care of it while I waited, and of course I did. I was so excited about finally getting this fixed. After about 2 hrs. I got my car back and decided to visit a mall that was about a mile away. After I finished at the mall, I got in my car, started it up and the traction light was on and a warning about the STAB System Service. I called the dealer and told them I was on my way back. They took me in right away. It appears that when this shaft is being changed that you must keep the steering wheel in a stable position and the technician turned it all over the place. Now the sensor doesn't know what position my steering wheel is in and the sensor has to be replaced. Well naturally, they did not have one in stock so I scheduled to return this next Saturday.

Well, on my way to work this morning I get all kinds of flashing lights, with Reduced Power Failure - SERVICE. I drove another 52 miles to the dealer and they said it was a Gas Pedal Sensor and luckily they had one in stock since they have had to replace them on about 7 vehicles so far. They replaced it but my traction sensor has not come in yet so I still have to go back again on Saturday for that. This is getting old. I have just had the H3 since July. I might have to dust off my '93 Ford conversion van as reliable transportation to work.

Anyone else have the gas pedal problem?
Gerry

Old 10-17-2007, 06:32 PM
Default RE: Front End Rattle and Gas Pedal Problem

Nope so far I'm at about 23,000 miles and Halloween will make 1 year and the only thing I had it into the dealer for was an oil change and tire rotation.