PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First mod to get....? :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by bruceg
No man, no. MOST people aren't going to go bigger than 20's. And that's a lot. This is a Hummer man. Not a suburban you wanna put big nasty chrome rims on. Stay with something like 17's or 18's and shove some 35's on em.
X2

Old 09-10-2012, 06:15 PM

Crank the T-Bars! Get rid of that nasty factory rake look.

Then do your exhaust.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:28 PM

Everyone has there own preferences. If you like the big chrome rim look an you dont plan on off roading, go big or go home throw some 26s on it. If you plan on off roading stick with a smaller rim size and big tires as others have mentioned. I have a magnaflow dual. Im contemplating getting rid of it because of the intense drone on the highway. City trips are fine. I dont have a pcm tune, but from what ive read on the forum that is the best upgrade you can do to your 3 performance wise. Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 09-10-2012, 11:59 PM

Looks like we got another "BLINGER" who be wantin' 24" REEMZ!

That poor, poor Adventure Package HUMMER. Maybe it will have some Mall Adventures?

Old 09-11-2012, 07:50 AM

First off fellas wasn't plan on getting some chrome wheels, Id be going all black.... Second, not getting 26s. Id want something in the middle, yeah I didn't buy the car for offroading but also don't want to make it a ****ty ride so Id want something in between so I thought a 22 inch or 24 inch wheel would still be ok, but thats why im here on the forum to get knowledge from h3 owners that have experience with these vehicles.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:42 PM

This is a Hummer enthusiast forum which is largely made up of folks who occasionally use their Hummer offroad just as it was design to be used, thus the largely negative reaction to your plan of putting large street-only wheels and rubberband tires on it. Doesn't make your choice of wheels wrong, you're just asking the wrong group of folks to tell you that'd look cool.

It's your ride, so build it how you see fit. But, I suggest you take it out into the wild once or twice before you make any changes at all. It may give you a new vision of what you want your Hummer to be.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:23 PM

I just got 22" for my H3. Love it. I'm away for the Military so when I get back I can post some pics. But I do some off roading with them without issue. Nothing immensely crazy though, just normal woods and ranges and such.

Old 09-11-2012, 01:28 PM

I agree. Do what you want with it, it's your ride. BUT>>>> I will say, if you live in an area where the winters are bad you may want to keep your original tires and wheels if you decide to get large wheels and low rubber tires. Those types of wheels and tires are not meant for a 4 wheel drive vehicle.

A couple that live near us put 24's with low profile tires last year. We have bad winters here. Luckily I was in my F150 travelling about 15 mph, and I see their H3 coming at me spinning out of control. Of course I took it off road and into someone's yard and she still nailed me. Did a lot of damage to my truck. She took those wheels off immediately and sold them and got big beefy tires like I told her.