PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First mod to get....? :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 05:27 PM
Default First mod to get....? :)

I'm a complete newbie to hummers. I've owned sedans and modified them most of my life lol. But I just bought a 2008 white h3 adventure package. I definately want wheels down the road but not dropping 2500 or more at the moment. Im ok with the 33 inch tires w oem chrome 16s for now . I have a few things on my list. I want a full catback exhaust, Ive had magnaflow in the past, is this prob the best bet? I like the look of the dual exhaust entry the offer. I also have on the agenda a pcm tune OR the hypertech. Finally I want a spare tire cover the plastic painted ones to match the car. The tune w the spare is about $320 and so is the cover while the exhaust is about $520 plus install. Which one should I do first?

Old 09-09-2012, 07:43 PM

New rims (black) with bigger tires...yes I read you post

Old 09-09-2012, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by kav315
I'm a complete newbie to hummers. I've owned sedans and modified them most of my life lol. But I just bought a 2008 white h3 adventure package. I definately want wheels down the road but not dropping 2500 or more at the moment. Im ok with the 33 inch tires w oem chrome 16s for now . I have a few things on my list. I want a full catback exhaust, Ive had magnaflow in the past, is this prob the best bet? I like the look of the dual exhaust entry the offer. I also have on the agenda a pcm tune OR the hypertech. Finally I want a spare tire cover the plastic painted ones to match the car. The tune w the spare is about $320 and so is the cover while the exhaust is about $520 plus install. Which one should I do first?
No cat back system will give you enough power to justify the cost. If you want something for sound, get your local muffler shop to weld you on something cheap.
For power, a tune is the best you can do for the money.

And what kinda tires and wheels you getting that are going to run you $2500?!
You can get wheel and tire packages for under $2K.

rimzoneonline.com
Thank me later.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:17 PM

That dual exhaust sounds way too expensive unless it's all stainless. Did my last dual exhaust for around $100, doing it myself with my friends pipe bender, but even if you had someone do it should be half or less of what that estimate was.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by bruceg
No cat back system will give you enough power to justify the cost. If you want something for sound, get your local muffler shop to weld you on something cheap.
For power, a tune is the best you can do for the money.

And what kinda tires and wheels you getting that are going to run you $2500?!
You can get wheel and tire packages for under $2K.

rimzoneonline.com
Thank me later.
I was most likely going to go bigger than 20". 22" or 24" was probably what I was going to get. So for a set of 5 wheels/tires it would easily be 2200-3000. I checked out that site, seems they dont offer many wheel/tire combos and biggest size they offer is 20 inch. Don't most people who upsize go up to at least a 22 inch? Again not being ignorant here, just a newbie and wanna learn the most about these vehicles and capabilities. Thanks again.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:57 AM

Magnaflow Cat-Back Performance Exhaust Systems for Hummer H3

That was the magnaflow catback I was looking at getting. You think I could find something cheaper?

Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 AM

Magnaflow Cat-Back Performance Exhaust Systems for Hummer H3

That was the magnaflow catback I was looking at getting. You think I could find something cheaper?
That's the catback I have on my truck and I am very pleased with it. It gives my truck a nice growl that definitely turns heads when I get on it. It also doesn't drone too bad in the cab, so it doesn't become unbearable while driving on long trips.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:22 AM

No dude, you need a Brush Gaurd. Everything else comes second. Hummers are naked without them. If you already got one Id go cat back. Then chrome your H3 up to no end!

Old 09-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Wink

I'd get some sweet DUB emblems and stick on fender vents too

Old 09-10-2012, 12:03 PM

I was most likely going to go bigger than 20". 22" or 24" was probably what I was going to get. So for a set of 5 wheels/tires it would easily be 2200-3000. I checked out that site, seems they dont offer many wheel/tire combos and biggest size they offer is 20 inch. Don't most people who upsize go up to at least a 22 inch? Again not being ignorant here, just a newbie and wanna learn the most about these vehicles and capabilities. Thanks again.
No man, no. MOST people aren't going to go bigger than 20's. And that's a lot. This is a Hummer man. Not a suburban you wanna put big nasty chrome rims on. Stay with something like 17's or 18's and shove some 35's on em.

Quick Reply: First mod to get....? :)