PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The first of a few planned mods.

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 07:53 AM
Default The first of a few planned mods.

My mod list has been fairly limited since I got my 3 2 years ago. The bug has really gotten me lately so I have been aquiring some items.

First pic is how it has looked for about the last year and a half.

2nd - Front Bilstein 5100's installed a few weeks ago. I have been waiting on the rears for about 5 weeks, seems there is a bit of a shortage nationally. Hopefully they will be here soon.

3rd - New side marker covers (Thanks mthoodh3!) These are by far my favorite style made. Not easy to find at all. Timing worked out great and mthood was willing to pull them off his rig for me for a very good price. I couldn't be more pleased with them.

4th - All the talk about plasti-dip I finally has to try it. Painted my emblems. Product is very easy to use and I think they came out pretty good. Overall I would say I like the chrome emblems better but I will let5 these ride a while.

Coming soon - ARB snorkel in the garage will be put on this week after a new windshield. SMA hood handles I've had a while but have never installed and a cuople other things I'll keep under wraps for the moment.

Attached Thumbnails The first of a few planned mods.-tn.jpg   The first of a few planned mods.-body.jpg   The first of a few planned mods.-marker-covers.jpg   The first of a few planned mods.-emblem.jpg   The first of a few planned mods.-side1.jpg  

Old 05-06-2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Widespread Hummer
My mod list has been fairly limited since I got my 3 2 years ago. The bug has really gotten me lately so I have been aquiring some items.
Very nice indeed. Any way you might consider a black or body colored grille ?

Old 05-06-2012, 09:40 AM
Thumbs up

Sweet! The side marker bezels look even better on your rig! I'm glad you like them. Great start to the mods! you also remind me that i have to update my photo album now.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:54 PM

Looks good! I plastidipped my wheels, gas door, center of hood (no more sun glare) last year. Thanks for the pic of the emblem, I might do those next.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:57 AM

Thanks gents.

I have been thinking of painting the grill but, when it's clean, i like the chrome up there. The plasti-dip is so easy I may give it a shot this summer to see how it looks. I feel like if I paint the grill the rims will kind of stick out. I'm not a huge fan of the split spokes in black but maybe I could go with a dark grey on them. It's nice to have some free time to play around with these things right now.

I would like to see a pic of your hood Dohmn8r, I bet that looks nice.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:22 AM

Here you go. Pics of the hood with the center plastidipped. The trick is to remove the tape before the plastidip dries; spray the edges last.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...er-hood-26341/

Old 05-10-2012, 06:28 AM

Go to town with the plasti dip! Look through my profile for split spokes in black... I used to run them ( powder coated not dipped)

The ARB bumper is a fun mod... Lmk what you think of their roller fairlead mount

Old 05-16-2012, 07:33 AM

BA UCP painted and ready to go. T-case protection was put on yesterday.

Attached Thumbnails The first of a few planned mods.-imag0323.jpg   The first of a few planned mods.-imag0325.jpg   The first of a few planned mods.-imag0329.jpg  
Old 06-01-2012, 06:12 PM

Snorkel went on today, I'll get some pics up in a bit. About medium difficulty for a weekend tinkerer only because I have an 06 which required some mods to hook into the stock airbox. As others have said, the cut into the fender was a little nerve rattling but that plastic cuts pretty easily.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:46 PM

must be nice having a wife that is okay with the money spent on the mods....

im interested in seeing how the snorkel works, can you get a pic with the hood opened up?

Quick Reply: The first of a few planned mods.