PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Firestone Tire Center

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Default Firestone Tire Center

I almost purchased 4 new 35" Firestone Destination MT's tonight. I called the local Firestone Tire Center (Allentown, PA) two days ago and the manager quoted me $900.00 OTD mounted/balanced. He told me the special buy 3 get 1 free ends at the end of the month and I would have to pre-pay in full before he orders, since 315's aren't stocked. To my "surprise" the price today was over $1100.00 and the same manager told me "Those tires are garbage, you don't want MT's." He recommended the AT's and could sell those for $900 plus tax. What a tool! Needless to say I'm done considering the Firestones.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:16 PM

What a D-bag! The M/Ts are a narly looking tire, I have looked at them a few times but no one really runs those wheelin so I don't know how well they'll do or more importantly last...

Old 01-24-2010, 08:30 PM

I think it may work out for the best. The more I look at the new Goodyear MTR w/ Kevlar, the more I like them. They're a little pricey but I saw a set tonight on an 09 Chevy and they look killer! They're totally different from anything I've run(which is almost everything).

Old 01-24-2010, 08:46 PM

I have had the same problem with firestone on different occasions concerning mechanical work

Old 01-24-2010, 10:07 PM

I was gonna give them a shot. The Discoverer MT's were an option when the price was cheap, but I won't pay premium $$ for generic tires. I forgot to mention, They quoted $12.00 tire disposal fee...I plan on keeping the originals! F**kin S***bags!

Old 01-25-2010, 04:50 AM

I was going to go to firestone and sign up for their lifetime alignment, but I heard horror stories of them messing your alignment up and tweaking the computer to say everything was ok... dont know if that's true but its kept me away from them irregardless

Old 01-25-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by DAGKANA
What a D-bag! The M/Ts are a narly looking tire, I have looked at them a few times but no one really runs those wheelin so I don't know how well they'll do or more importantly last...
I run the Destination MT's and have been very satisfied.

To the original post, your problem is clearly with the dealer, not the tire. If you still have an interest in them, shop around. I think you'll be happy with them.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:51 AM

I did get some prices from other independent tire shops, I guess I shouldn't blame the tire manufacturer for bad service centers. I've only noticed one negative review on the MT's stating they were bad in light snow.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:20 AM

I should add to my post that I use my Destinations only for wheeling and getting to and from offroading adventures. As far as real life street use goes, I only have about 600 highway miles on them, but they do seem very compliant onroad. Have never had them in snow, but rain seemed to pose no problem.

Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 AM

BTW- Bridgestone and Firestone are the same company. Maybe look at the Bridgestone AT tires. It's what I have and I love them.

Bob

Quick Reply: Firestone Tire Center