PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

finding water in floor boards

Old 10-31-2017, 06:05 PM
Default finding water in floor boards

HELP!!!!! i have a 2010 hummer h3base--found carpet wet on pass side front and drivers & pass side back--lifted up carpet and wham---carpet soaked underneath -- took off plastic caps on roof and re sealed seam think that was where it was leaking---blew out sunroof drains also. had a hard rain and floorboards are wet again!! headliner shows no water stains any ideas???

Old 10-31-2017, 06:52 PM

Sun roof drain tubes. Blowing them out may have dislodged the hose from the fitting. Now everything comes into the cab?

Old 02-06-2018, 03:20 PM
Suz

There is a "nipple" at the end of the drain tube that fits into the fire wall of the engine. The problems get MUCH WORSE if you ignore this seemingly benign problem as the BCM is located directly in the path of the water if that is dislodged. The rug and padding are the least of your troubles then. I've also had a leak on the driver's side, much more exciting as the ice cold water pours into your lap from the overhead OnStar speaker and there is no escape!

It takes Sherlock Holmes, diligent scanning of Hummer websites (this one is by far the best) and an owner with intimate familiarity of the vehicle to educate the mechanic, I haven't met anyone at any dealership anywhere in the country who figured it out. Try being female while you're explaining this to a mechanic...

Water on the BCM can cause all manner of odd messages to appear on the dash, "haunting" of the door locks (popping open and locked while driving to the point of distraction!) OnStar to malfunction and turn on and off continuously, just a little nerve wracking. Oh, and a misfire also can and has locked the gear shift and disabled all the dashboard gauges.

I want to say, THE INFORMATION I'VE GLEANED FROM THIS SITE HAS BEEN LIFE SAVING!

I've recently had a reccurrence of the issue and when I lifted the rug, I found a "stream" under there, the rug and pad under my rubber mat was saturated. When we lifted the molding and the rug and removed the side panel..., guess what's located right there? The all important BCM which was dripping water and every wire was bathing on the floor in an inch of water. I'd be cranky too?

Old 02-07-2018, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator

Moved this and the other thread you posted in to the correct section.

Did you notice how H3 questions go in the H3 section at this site while gleaning information?

Crazy concept aye?

Welcome to HF

Last edited by Doc Olds; 02-07-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:39 AM

Pouring a generous amount of CLEAN SHOWER in the drain pan at each oil change will keep properly attached tubes flowing. I have even been lucky enough to have the liquid open clogged drain tubes. Towled out accumulated water and then added the CLEAN SHOWER, let it sit and in a few minutes all drains started flowing (doesn't harm plastic).

Old 02-12-2018, 11:27 AM

can someone post a pic of where this drain is, I'm having the exact same wet passenger floor

Old 02-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Manson75
can someone post a pic of where this drain is, I'm having the exact same wet passenger floor
Use the search feature, it works.

Check out the fix it thread. https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...n-tubes-28548/