PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

finally install pics of the STARR HID's

Old 08-14-2007, 09:00 PM
Default finally install pics of the STARR HID's

picked up the H3 after finally having the HID's installed atthe dealer today and just took around the neighborhood this evening for a little test driveof the lights. now, i livein a rural town, tucked a bit outin the woods, so i was anxious to see how they'd light up on some of these back roads. well, uh, yeah, you're going to want these.......

As has been previously posted, these look just as good as any of the "higher end"autos thatare outfitted with theseHID's.These lightsput out a SH*T TON of light.....easily 3-4x what the stockhalogens put out. HIGHLY recommend these. I've attached some quick pics just showing the lights. I got the assemblies that have the black surrounds.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Default RE: finally install pics of the STARR HID's

sorry about the picture size....in the lower right corner reduce the % down to 50% and they should read.

[IMG]local://upfiles/2773/CFF56C5634094314BF6F0361C663E332.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-14-2007, 10:10 PM

COOL!!!!

Good Job!!!!

Old 08-14-2007, 10:40 PM

Congrats Tmoody!

I really like the look of the black ones. Had I gone with the Tactical I would definitely have gotten those. As it is, my wife likes the bling so I went with the Chrome surrounds on my Starr HIDs and I think they look good against the factory chrome grille and my polished stainless brush guard.

Did your dealer do the wiring to bypass the DRL feature? I looked into a suggestion by AMG55 about removing fuse 39, which is labeled in the manual as the DRL fuse. I'm going to try it tomorrow and report back.

Enjoy!

Jeff

Old 08-15-2007, 05:53 AM

Sweet!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:08 AM

jeff, yes, i talked with the tech about the DRL's. we decided the easiest solution was to pull the fuse out of the box under the hood. I think you're right it was #39. i've verified that the DRL's don't come on, but the lights still activate in the AUTO mode through the light sensor. so,like with the OEM's, the lights will come on initially when you're pulling out of the garage in the morning, but will cycle off a few moments later after the light sensor picks up the daylight.
finally, i don't feel so "blind" anymore driving at night. i don't know if i've been spoiled over the years or if it's a case of "knowing what's on the other side". these lights really do make a difference. GM should really look at putting these HID"s in asstd OEM.......another slow going concept for US automakers to grasp.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 PM

Yup - fuse #39 did it for me. I haven't got the HIDs yet tho =)

Lookin good!

Old 08-15-2007, 09:17 PM

AMG55 is THE MAN! Fuse #39 removal works perfectly - the HIDs don't come on during the day, but activate perfectly at night. Thanks again for the advice it definitely was the simplest thing to do and the diagram is in the owner's manual.

I concur 100%, you guys wouldn't beleive the difference the HIDs make at night compared to OEM halogens. Plus, the projector assemblies look damn cool day or night. Too bad I missed out on that accessory coupon for $450. Tmoody - what accessories did you order and where from?

Jeff

Old 08-16-2007, 10:16 AM

i got an extra $50 for mentioning the forum, so i've been gatheringa list to spend the $500. i thought i had selected G-style, but apparently my mouse scroll button moved down to Teaka Toys. anyway, i have contacted Teaka and they've agreed to match prices regardless. so, right now, i just have a a few items in "the cart" waiting for me to pull the trigger:

'Predator' or 'ZMAG' locking fuel door (too bad GM can't make a locking fuel door.......),
'Steelcraft' or 'Manik' tail light guards,
'Steelcraft' H3 rear bumper guard (contemplating this one......)
'Husky' front and rear all weather floor liners

Old 08-17-2007, 06:30 PM

If I had to order form either Teaka Toys or G-Style for the HID kit
Whom would you recommend ??

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: finally install pics of the STARR HID's