PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

FINAL OUTCOME OF EXTENDED WARRANTY!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Default FINAL OUTCOME OF EXTENDED WARRANTY!

My apologies for placing this here rather than under the head issue threads, but I wanted everyone to read this. Denny you can move it if you wish.

I received my final call from GM today with regard to the extended warranty. After GM offered methe final offer of extended warranty in writing via email2 weeks agoIF I turned my original componant letter in at their request so they could process my paperwork - as a measure of my good faith I did so. They have just called me to inform me that they are NOT giving me anything and they are closing my file as a "dissatisfied customer." We had a 20 minute conversation (irate of course at this point) and they offered meNO reason or excuse as to WHY they lied to me or have treated me this way- for the 3RD TIME! Bottom line is they scammed me and had NO intentions of ever giving me the extended warranty and they only wanted my original letter returned!

GM has absolutely NO credibility with me any longer and neitherI, nor my family will ever buy another GM product again! After seeing how they could produce a vehicle that has had such a major issue with thousands of the H3's, and do really nothing toreassuremany of we consumers, nor really acknowledge the fact that is is a very real problemand (now it seems some 07's may have the same issue as well) - I am just in total disgust and disbelief!

Old 05-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Default RE: FINAL OUTCOME OF EXTENDED WARRANTY!

Lawyer Time..
There have beennumerous presidences set by the others on this forum receiving all kinds of perks and warranty up-grades from GM....

TO GM..as I knowyou bastards are reading this forum..
As a result of them treatingLawWyfe this way..I WILL NEVER BUY or OWN another Fuking GM Product as long as I live, once I get rid of my H3.

I am also GLAD that TOYOTA beat your asses out at being NUMBER 1 in car sales..Learn from that, you GM ********!

Old 05-01-2007, 02:43 PM

Denny, the sad thing is I loved my H3 so much that I would have purchased another one in a couple/few years when I was done with this one. And I wouldn't have utilizedany extended warranty they might have given me to it's fullest extent anyway! I was satisfied that mine had been repaired and felt confident with it because I thought I was being given an extended warranty.

Just the mere fact that they jerked me around for nearly 6 months lying to me over and over again and then to pull such a scam as this - promising me in writing this time (and KNOWING that I had gone thru this with them before) - and then as soon as they got my original letter back, to renig and say, "oh sorry, we aren't giving you the promised warranty now" and to offer no reason or explanation....and one last thing, I initially called my Service Manager at my dealer BEFORE I turned my letter in to him and voiced my concerns and his response was, "Oh no, we would not let that happen to you - we are here for YOU!" Today his response was, "Oh well,I am sorry and I have never heard of this before...and basically - but gee sorry, nothing I can do!"(So was this a conspiracy between GM and my dealer/service manager??)Evidentally GM has a total lack of regard for their customers and for those of us who helped make this H3 such a huge success during it's 1st year of production and who have continued to draw others in thru forums such as this.

Again, there is nothing more for me to say here at this point other than I am so angry I could spit nails, and I am in such a state of shock and utter disbelief, ANDIF THEY CAN DO THIS TO ME, THEN THEY CAN DO THIS TO YOU!!- as well as I AM DONEWITH GM PRODUCTS!! However I am not done with this ANDI will make this known to everyone I possibly can thru everyavenue possible.

Old 05-01-2007, 02:52 PM

ORIGINAL: LawWyfe

as well as I AM DONEWITH GM PRODUCTS!! However I am not done with this ANDI will make this known to everyone I possibly can thru everyavenue possible.
I with you on this one too...I know a GM engineer down in Dallas, that was my neighbor here for a long time before he moved..I have a phone call into him right now...He is pretty high up on the corperate ladder there in Arlington, TX...I will be forwarding this whole Head/Valve issue forum to him and especially your issue..He is very concerend about this whole stinking mess with the Costumer service aspect with you as well...If you don't mind..PM your full name and case # as he needs that to persue the issues with Customer Service..

Old 05-01-2007, 03:15 PM

Thank you Dennis and anyone else who has any suggestions - any andall is appreciated!! And at this point I am no longer worried about who is reading these posts, or about stepping on any toes, or withholding any info to others here on what GM promised me.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:49 PM

LawWyfe: I am very sorry to hear about how poorly your case was handled. It sounds like Dennis has an inside line to help (WTG Dennis!), but it is a shame that it had tocome to this step. I would recommend that you work with Dennis and his contact and see what happens-hopefully your issues will be properly addressed.

It sounds like you kept good documentation, and by the way, if you have a photocopy of your original letter from GM (I think that you indicated that you copied it just in case) that should be enough for a lawyer to sue GM-you shouldn't need the original. I am not a lawyer, but I would push as hard and loud (but as tough as it is, be polite!) as I could. Your lawyer might also be able to advise you as to your rights to discuss business at the dealership (hint: I am not talking about behind closed doors). You only want to go this route if you are also fed up with your dealership as well. If there is a chance that they could still be of help to you, you don't want to burn this bridge.

On a side note, had I not been financiallycommitted to the purchase of my vehicle, I would have printed this string and brought it to my dealer to tell him that I was cancelling my deal. As it is I am going to keep my fingers crossed that my vehicle will not encounter the same issues as everyone else. However, this will also be my last GM vehicle. I won't speak for my wife who has a CTS, but I will be showing her this string. We have had much success with Toyotas in the past (I have a Tacoma Quadcab I am trading in for the Hummer), and I will be returning to that brand. I wish you the best in your struggle and appreciate your taking the time to keep us informed.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:06 PM

I am very sorry/angry to hear about this turn of events. I must say I too am shocked that GM have taken this stance. The interesting thing about a warranty extension is that out the door, it costs them nothing. Sure, there is the potential that the vehicle may have further problems and that they may be on the hook, but these are unrealized possibilities. If I can assist in any way as well, please ask. I would be happy to phone GM and let them know how this wanton lack of respect and commitment to GM owners leaves me cold.

Karl

Old 05-01-2007, 04:41 PM

Thank you Joe and Karl, for your kind words of support also. I know I have bored many to tears the last nearly6 months with my GMposts, but I feltitwasimportant for others to seehow GM is capable of treating their customers.

As I have always maintained, I loved my H3 and never once did I trash the vehicle regardless of what I have suffered with it thus far - NOR have I ever tried to discourage anyone not to buy one,because of the head issues. I truly thought that GM would make good on their promises to me eventually and make this good. It is GM that I haveNO regardfor at this point and the lack of support they give some of their customers. It is also a shame that GM has taken most all of the joy of owning this vehicle away from me with the CONSTANT jerking me around, promises - only to be broken, lies and the conniving to get that letter back,along with the once and often twice weekly phonecalls "just to touch base with me" or promise me something new -for the last 6 months now. Thanks again to all of you who have shown me support and kind words....

Old 05-01-2007, 05:13 PM

So sorry Sarah ... it's just unbelievable ... what else can I say ...

Old 05-01-2007, 05:22 PM

Thanks Paige

OHHH and HAHAHA...in my quest to begin traveling all those different channels I made referenceto earlierto let others know...I ventured over to <cough> that "other site" LOL. My post was not trollish or rudein any manner, just informative. Now I know what y'all meant about them...what a bunch of (_(_)holes! A couple of posts went up before I could even get signed out so of course I had to respond just once I sincerely hope they dont waste a lot of finger effort responding as I never intended to go back after my GM post anyway LOL.

Quick Reply: FINAL OUTCOME OF EXTENDED WARRANTY!