PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few quirks TPMS Airbag

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 10:34 AM
Default A few quirks TPMS Airbag

Now that I am into my second winter with the H3, noticed a few quirks:

Seems like only when it is cold out I get the 'Service TPMS' above the odometer. Its not a big deal as I can simply reset it but its a minor annoyance, any ideas?

Airbag light - again, very intermittent and from time to time (seems only when its cold) the indicator will light on the dash, go away, come back etc then not be seen again for months.

The parking brake, I never use it...I know that bad, but for a short time it was leading to a big rubbing noise which has gone away and now I don't want to use it again or spend money on fixing it unless there is something very simple to adjust? I have 72,000mi.

Other than that, and the blower motor resistor wire I fixed myself...its been a solid truck.

Old 01-20-2014, 03:22 PM

Way too many times I have seen strange intermittant electrical issues happen on vehicles due to a weak battery/poor connections.
Just make sure you have a good battery (You can get tested for free at many auto part stores) and check and make sure you have clean & properly secured terminals. GL

Old 01-20-2014, 04:52 PM

Thanks, Battery is original...maybe ill check that out though I usually keep them till they are dead but a check would make sense.

Old 01-21-2014, 01:22 AM

My wife's Saturn did the airbag light when it was cold outside not sure why? As for the tires when it's cold out the pressure goes down, when the tire heats up the pressure goes back to normal. You can try giving them just a little more pressure when warm to see if they do it again when cold but if it's really cold out in your area then you just have to wait for them to warm up. Good luck.

P.s. Come to think of it if the airbag has a pressure canister maybe the same is happening to that but I think they use small explosives for that but not sure??

Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by 06RedH3
...The parking brake, I never use it...

I don't think that I have used a parking brake more than a few times in my entire life.

Old 01-21-2014, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by Gomer
P.s. Come to think of it if the airbag has a pressure canister maybe the same is happening to that but I think they use small explosives for that but not sure??
This makes sense to me since. I had it light up a couple times but only when we were having sub 0 temps and -30 or more below wind chills.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:05 PM

Its literally zero here this winter and yeah the airbag comes and goes....not going to worry about it.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 PM

-11 degrees (ambient temp, -30 degrees wind chill) driving to work this morning. No problems for me! However, I have an optima battery with stinger terminals.

Your battery is original? 8+years old... did you ever hear of preventative maintenace?

In your case, with an original battery 8+years old, can cause other damage.

At least, change that battery, with the highest cca (tested at 0-degrees) available.