PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extreme newbie looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Default Extreme newbie looking for advice

Hey guys. I'm an extreme newbie so I apologize in advance. Both to forums and to hummers. But I have a few questions and I figured only true hummer enthusiasts can and will help me out.

Ok so here it goes. I'm strongly considering buying an 07 h3 with 120 000km not miles but Km. I've read tons about rads and other issues but I kind of want a better idea of what's up so I know what I'm getting myself into.

So my first thing is when my rad goes which is the best replacement to get? I also have heard of battery issues with the battery draining and was wondering what my best option for that is? I know this one may sound stupid and I don't care that much about it but is there anything I should be looking into about the fuel consumption and adding some power. I've read about chips and cold air intakes but what should I buy?

In general im looking for some advice on how to just make this truck better overall and not go broke in the process. I've always loved and dreamed to own a hummer and I realize this isn't a real hummer but it's the closest I can get at the moment and I'm dying to drive down the road in this mini tank.

I'm sorry if I'm rambling or asking dumb questions but I know you guys can help me out with what I need to consider and what are the best products/upgrades to put on this baby so she lasts me a little while. I really appreciate any and all feedback that you guys can help me out with. Please help me become a new proud member of the hummer community. The civic nation time has come to an end. Side note I've owned a 04 Dakota 5.7 v8 magnum so I have an idea about bad fuel consumption already.

Old 02-15-2015, 12:14 PM

Hello, buddy! If you really like Hummers, so buy it! Don't think about potential problems with your future truck! May be your H3 will be problem free! Decide those problems as soon as they will come, but don't think about it in advance! 125.000 km is not big mileage! So bring it for inspection to your mechanic and try to find out is everything okay, in generally with new Hummer, you would see is it good or not!

Old 02-15-2015, 01:11 PM

Go for it and let the chips fall where they may...
The H3 is a great SUV and you will enjoy.

Old 02-15-2015, 04:29 PM

All you need to know is 35" tires (315/75/16) fit without a lift and a pcm4less tune will give you a nice bump in power and possibly a slight mpg improvement. Otherwise just buy and enjoy.

Old 02-16-2015, 02:48 AM

If its in sound condition, and you want it, then buy it. You can goggle any vehicle and find issues they have. Most are common items that break or wear out over time.
Alot of H3's get driven pretty rough, or at the very least see more off road time than alot of vehicles, so items will break.

Old 02-16-2015, 10:40 AM

My 07 H3 has 160,000 miles with no radiator issues. It is common but not all H3's have radiators replaced. So that is an "if" rather than a "when".

As far as power and mileage, the best you can hope for is very modest improvements. If you are unhappy with the acceleration or MPG numbers as the H3 is today, then pass on it. If you can live with the H3 as it is, then any improvements will just make it better. But be wary of anyone who promises dramatic improvements. They are typically selling snake oil.