PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exploring headliner secrets

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Banned
Default exploring headliner secrets

i finally got "a round tuit" and punched a hole in the roof for a 2 way antenna.
i poked a camera in there to get a look,BEFORE i punched it! no mistakes needed here!!

u can see the roof, cross brace,padding gunk,the window and cover under it.
the stick was used to measure for locating the hole,not shown.
the ant mount is abt 5 inches behind the window cover,in the center.

ill put a dual band ham ant there,2 meters and 450

im standing on ground at right rear holding headliner down,WATCH OUT, ez to bend.

Attached Thumbnails exploring headliner secrets-airbag-upper-right.jpg   exploring headliner secrets-airbag-right-rear-drain.jpg   exploring headliner secrets-looking-leftroof-brace-window-cover.jpg  

Last edited by drtom; 04-10-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:57 PM

that's awesome, I'm just getting into cb radios and ham radios any suggestions for me?

Old 04-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Banned

if you like two way radio like cb,you'll love ham radio,it really works,unlimited possibilities.
many freq bands,modes,legal power is 1500 watts. now theres no morse code needed which was a problem for many.
check out "ham repeaters" on the web . then ask me.i cant type enuf to xplain other than this. with a cigarette pack size radio you can find repeaters ANYWHERE you go! thousands of them! ill put an antenna on the roof and could use a tiny handy talkie,"ht" on it,or a mobile unit with 5 to 50 watts to really get out!
you can talk thru repeaters or direct,like cb, on hundreds of freqs.
repeaters cover typically a 50 mile radius, they overlap,there everywhere!.
u can buy a radio for $99 and get on the air.
yikes,get me out of here!1

im just getting back in and active

Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 AM
Default Nice Pictures

Nice pictures of the roof area. I'm active in Ham radio, but haven't put a VHF/UHF antenna on mine yet. The roof mount isn't an option for me because my garage door is too low. I mounted an HF antenna using one of docs rear door antenna brackets and it works great. I can remove the antenna when going into the garage or car wash. If I do mount a VHF/UHF antenna it'll probably be on the hood. 73 Rich K0PIR

Old 04-13-2012, 10:02 AM

Not a 3 but the interior is the same. Mine also has a sunroof. I dropped my head liner, installed an aluminum bracket. Popped two holes in the liner for the CB bracked srcew holes. Moved the Sunroof button over a little bit toward the drivers side at the edge of the sun visor. The T has plenty of antenna mount options especially if you have a spare tire swing gate. I mounted mine to the Diamond Back window guard.

Name:  H3TCBMountInstallbmp3.jpg
Views: 804
Size:  92.8 KB
Name:  H3TCBMountInstallbmp2.jpg
Views: 789
Size:  70.4 KB
Name:  1c8a4c1c.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  234.1 KB
Name:  3962c8fd.jpg
Views: 965
Size:  226.7 KB
Name:  Rearview.png
Views: 616
Size:  479.1 KB

Last edited by beachbum; 04-23-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:02 AM

Has anyone explored any H2 headliner secrets?

Old 09-01-2013, 09:30 AM

This thread is over a year old and this is the h3 section. Post your question in the h2 section.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
if you like two way radio like cb,you'll love ham radio,it really works,unlimited possibilities.
many freq bands,modes,legal power is 1500 watts. now theres no morse code needed which was a problem for many.
check out "ham repeaters" on the web . then ask me.i cant type enuf to xplain other than this. with a cigarette pack size radio you can find repeaters ANYWHERE you go! thousands of them! ill put an antenna on the roof and could use a tiny handy talkie,"ht" on it,or a mobile unit with 5 to 50 watts to really get out!

Thanks for you advice..I am looking to add effective radio system and will follow you for sure..

Old 10-13-2014, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by GrantMidgls
check out "ham repeaters" on the web . then ask me.i cant type enuf to xplain other than this. with a
unitank cigarette pack size radio you can find repeaters ANYWHERE you go! thousands of them! ill put an antenna on the roof and could use a tiny handy talkie,"ht" on it,or a mobile unit with 5 to 50 watts to really get out!

Thanks for you advice..I am looking to add effective radio system and will follow you for sure..
Following your advice and hope the results will arrive soon..