PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust manifold/ BCM /misfire Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2018, 04:15 PM

My head bolts where broken below the surface maybe quarter inch. I bought a manibolt template, carbide bits and very slow 90 degree air drill. Finally got them out without touching threads or surface of head. Paid more than I wanted but still cheaper than new head or labor at shop. Plus ended up with tools for the box that I hope to never use again but have if the need should come n

Last edited by BruceS; 04-01-2018 at 04:17 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:22 PM

Well got the manifold done.So took them less then 1 hour to pull it and remove 3 broken bolts. The manifold was cracked cyl 4 to 5 had big crack. They had it welded up looks good.Hopefully it lasts. I would of just bought a new one but they said not to waste extra cash.
The machined it new gaskets and new bolts.

Now to work on the other issues.

Old 04-14-2018, 03:06 PM

Ok guys so i still have a not so perfect idle.Well its fine but if i give it gas then left off the gas the rpms drop and go very low then stumbles then evens out and runs fine but i had shop hook up to computer and there was a couple codes since last time.

P0300
B3152

Also the live data shows cyc 3 missfire and when you press the gas and let go cyc 3 will give 3 or 4 missfires and cyc 2 and 5 show 1 but then dissapears and then all cyclinders show none and then after couple minutes cyc 3 will show again and after 10 minutes of running there was 16 on cyc 3 and 2 on 5.

Could this be cause by dirty throttle body?

I have changed battery terminals and enhuast manifold gasket and crack.
spark plugs were changed a couple thousand kms ago due to random missfire. Not sure what plugs were used but probably cheap standard ones.

Any ideas?
07 hummer h3 with the 3.7

Old 04-15-2018, 08:20 AM
Cool

If you haven’t removed and cleaned the throttle body I would do it. I had the same problem several years ago and doing this cleared it up. My rpms would drop below 500 and would sometimes stall when coming to a stop.

Old 04-25-2018, 07:22 PM

Ok guys so i cleaned the maf and also pulled the throttle body and gave it a good cleaning.
My crappy idle is alot better now.

Hooked up for miss fire data and now cyl 5 had 16 misses and cyl 3 only had 3 in 4 minutes of idle. None on the other cylinders this time either.
This was different from before as before cyl 3 was the one showing a bunch.

Old 04-25-2018, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by blazed16
Ok guys so i cleaned the maf and also pulled the throttle body and gave it a good cleaning.
My crappy idle is alot better now.

Hooked up for miss fire data and now cyl 5 had 16 misses and cyl 3 only had 3 in 4 minutes of idle. None on the other cylinders this time either.
This was different from before as before cyl 3 was the one showing a bunch.
I had a really rough idle and misfires, ended up needing the head pulled and the valves re-machined

Old 04-26-2018, 04:48 AM

It looks like those GM throttle bodies only last around 4 years . From then on , I'm cleaning mine twice a year . Better to put a new one in there . It's the culprit in most
problems on the H3 , including bad idle , service stability , etc.....
BTW How much is a new throttle body in the States ?? It's the same one for many GM applications , Envoy , Trailblazer , etc...

Old 04-26-2018, 07:06 AM
Cool

I clean throttle body once a year and for the most part I try to burn the same brand of gas whenever possible. Are you keeping your air filter clean?

Old 04-29-2018, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by choochmalooch
I clean throttle body once a year and for the most part I try to burn the same brand of gas whenever possible. Are you keeping your air filter clean?
Yes new aftermarket filter, I run same shell fuel and here and there i will run a bottle of techron in the tank.

My stumble jumpy idle when even i would stop at a light or rev it and let off the gas is now good just the weird random live data miss fire count showing but totally switched cylinders after i cleaned the throttle body haha.

Old 05-03-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by dafihummer
It looks like those GM throttle bodies only last around 4 years . From then on , I'm cleaning mine twice a year . Better to put a new one in there . It's the culprit in most
problems on the H3 , including bad idle , service stability , etc.....
I'm not aware of GM throttle bodies only lasting 4 years, nor being the culprit in H3 running issues.

BTW, throughout this entire post, I don't see where the OP has changed out the COPs; am I wrong? Typically, misfires are either spark plugs or the coils.