PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

electrical problem!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:22 PM
Default RE: electrical problem!!!!

Who's an idiot?

07 H3 Owners Manual (page 193)
[size=4]
Automatic Door Locks
[font=helvetica][color=#231f20]
This feature allows you to program your door
locks to a preferred setting.
To set your choice for this feature, perform the
following steps:
1. With the engine off, turn the key to LOCK.
Do not remove the key from the ignition.
2. Press and hold the power door lock button for
about three seconds until the DIC display
shows the current door lock mode.
3. To view the next available mode, press and
hold the reset stem for about two seconds.
Release the reset stem and press and
hold again to view each mode.
4. Once the desired mode is shown on the DIC
display, briefly press the reset stem to set
your choice. The DIC display will then clear.
The following are the available modes:
Lock 1 (default):
On vehicles with an automatic
transmission, this mode locks all of the doors
when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P) and
unlocks all of the doors when the vehicle is shifted
into PARK (P).
On vehicles with a manual transmission, this
mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle
speed is greater than 15 mph (24 km/h) and
unlocks all of the doors when the key is removed
from the ignition.
Lock 2:
On vehicles with an automatic
when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P) and
unlocks the driver’s door when the vehicle is
shifted into PARK (P).
speed is greater than 15 mph (24 km/h) and
unlocks the driver’s door when the key is removed
from the ignition.
Lock 3:
[font=helvetica][color=#231f20]On vehicles with an automatic
when the vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P).
The doors will not automatically unlock.
speed is greater than 15 mph (24 km/h).
The doors will not automatically unlock
Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Feedback
[font=helvetica][color=#231f20]
This feature allows you to program your Remote
[left][size=2]Keyless Entry (RKE) feedback to a p

Old 01-16-2008, 06:21 PM

Steve #1 thanks for the nice reply.... One thing I forgot to add in my last post is,the doors don't..... lock when I put it in drive and there is no option for that!!, the remote lock's the doors but does not unlock the doors, so there is something still screwed-up.
PS I did try the procedure and it is in Lock 1 (default)

Old 01-24-2008, 08:36 PM

Good luck to ALL of you with electrical problems! My H3 has been in the shop 5 times now and is there as we speak. It all started at about 16000 miles. I jumped in and fired it up and all of the suddun all of the dash lights started flashing, the guages went back and forth, theheadlights went out and I couldn't get it in gear, and the key would not come out.I immediately called onstar for a quick dionostic test which came back all systems ok! I did a restart and it looked like all systems were a go! Yahoo!Then I realized that this little redlight that looked like a door and a padlock was on? Hmmmm....... did another restart and another and another.... That darn light would not go out! I got mad and thought maybe the light was connected to the security system so I got out and opened all the doors and closed them. I fired it up and presto all was cured! I took it to the dealer and they said Hmmm...... and scratched their heads. "You'll need to bring it back the next time it happens so we can pull the codes" I have done this five times now and many lines of B.S. later I am giving up! The wife has been stranded on the freeway twice and the family stranded in Mexico once. each time the cure has been to get out and slam all of the doors? As it turns out the B.C.M. (Body Control Module) is located in the passengers side kick panel. The dealer replaced this and the connector pins at about 18000 miles and all was great!!!! At 20400 miles all was still going good. I went to Vegas last week and when I got back home...Here we go again! It now sits in the dealer and calls have gone out to G.M. Corp. There comes a point when you have to say I'm not going to take this any more!!! After giving them all of the service records I have been told that the Buy Back Department will be contacting me on Monday 1/28/08. I'll let you all know what happens then. In the mean time DON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER! MAKE THEM FIX IT OR BUY IT BACK!

[IMG]local://upfiles/4114/EFBB47D7B4F845EB8050622E9286FC58.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-25-2008, 01:27 PM

Man that really sucks!!. So far so good for me since they replaced the BCM, I still have to bring it back so they can reprogram a few thingsthey didn't do the last time, they also cracked my fuse box cover, I'm just waiting for them to call to say it's in to go back and get every thing done.

Old 05-28-2008, 08:59 AM

Hi Gents -
New poster here. I was glad to see after 5min of searching others have seen the problem I did with my 2006 H3 last night. Just got home from the airport (45min drive) and turned off my rig. When we opened the doors to get out, I immediately noticed the dome light didn't come on. I tryed to start it again and, nothing, completely dead.
Further:
- The key was stuck in the ignition
- the horn didn't work
- the button on the shifter (automatic) was locked
- no power at all, anywhere

I told my babe to keep the front doors open so I could get a flashlight. She gets her suitcase out of the back and slams the back door, and EUREKA everything comes back on. Full power, etc. I did notice when I started it up that the orange lights in the middle of all the ***** were flashing (temp *****, etc)- but I was too tired to mess with it at that point.
Thanks for the info on the BCM- it seems I have a similar problem. 19K miles and not one problem to this point.

Other symptoms:
- the right signal light started flashing much faster than normal the day before this happened
- My radio has had two problems
1) One FM1 it can't store the bass and treble settings- always have to reset
2) for the last 6months, about 50% of the time it loses the time and on restart it comes up with some random time

Please let me know if any of you guys have solved your problems with the BCM. I can tell this is the classic intermittent problem where the dealership will tell me they cant get to fail when I bring it in. I am trying to save myself some angst with your help!

Thanks-
Albert

Old 05-29-2008, 09:22 AM

Welcome Caboman and thanks for using the search function before posting! [sm=signs007.gif]Black Bear had a time with the BCM and others have had electrical gremlins too. It's not the norm but stuff happens that's a pain in the rear from time to time. Sometimes I wonder if the BCM is grounded properly from some of these posts. If you'll notice there are grounding straps all over the H3 and many other new cars now. These "computers" are very strange when it comes to voltage and One Volt too high or low can give them fits. There are things all over the vehicle sending data back and forth to several computers and when you get one errant signal the whole process mucks up. A good example might be the rear lockerin the rear of the Adventure Package. I don't remember who posted it and I'm too lazy to do a search myself but the E-Locker is always sending a small voltage signal back somewhere saying it's still there and still available to work. It's only about 4 volts if I remember correctly so it won't take much of a signal interruption from abad ground to totally throw off a 4 volt signal. Maybe that's why the major car companies a couple years ago were talking about raising voltages in cars to 24 or more volts. The demand of todays new cars is just too great for a 12 volt system to handle sometimes.

Old 05-29-2008, 09:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback RealJeep.
Based on the way I had absolutely NO power- I'm starting to think its a major grounding issue- like the ground on the battery. No systems were functioning- not even the horn. I am going to check my battery cables this morning for the helluva it. I am going to set an appointment with the dealership this morning as well and (hopefully) help guide them with the info here (cehck all grounds and replaceBCM). I'm wodnering if its the BCM after another poster said they had thisreplaced and then the problem resurfaced after about 4Kmiles. My H3 is in SanJose CA and garaged-its dry here and hardly rains.So the odds of corrosion issues on the grounds are low.Again, a bolt holding a ground connection might be a reasonable culprit.This rig has been flawless for 19K miles and I'd like to keep it for a while without starting to have it be a pain or money pit....
I'll post again when I get some results

Old 05-29-2008, 05:35 PM

ORIGINAL: caboman
I did notice when I started it up that the orange lights in the middle of all the ***** were flashing (temp *****, etc)- but I was too tired to mess with it at that point.
Other symptoms:
- the right signal light started flashing much faster than normal the day before this happened
The lights may be because the power just came back on. I know I have removed my dash a few times and every time once I hook all the wires back up and turn the key on, all the lights come on a d flash for a few seconds like it is resetting itself or maybe the computer is doing a check on it to ensure it is all hooked back up or something.

As far as the turn signal flashing faster than normal, have you checked your bulbs? Mine started flaching really fast one day and I checked them to see if they were still working and one of the bulbs were bad. The fast flashing is a way for it to let you know you need a new bulb...

Stan

Old 05-29-2008, 07:23 PM

I also have an electrical problem, not to jack this thread, but when i'm buckled up my seatbelt light comes on and off like im buckling and unbuckling, I searched and every post i read was about people wanting to turn the alarm off. has anyone had this problem?If it's been talked about sorry I didn't see it and plaese give me a link

Old 06-05-2008, 09:13 AM

Hi Gents-
Sorry for the delay. Well I went and checked my battery cables the next day. I looked at the ground and noticed the cables terminals were crap [>:]. While the negative appeared to be locked down- Low and behold, I swivel it on the negative battery terminal about 1/2 millimeter back and forth . I took it off, cleaned the terminal, and locked it down. It appears my problem is solved! My radio keeps the correct time now. The fast blinker on my signal is a burnt bulb in the rear. I talked to my bud who owns a service station and he told me these rigs are notorious for electrical problems. The main culprits are grounds all over the truck and the BCM. [:@]

Thanks for all your help- Alberto

Quick Reply: electrical problem!!!!