PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Easy Seat Back Netting Fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 12:37 PM
Cool Easy Seat Back Netting Fix

Spent about 30 minutes the other night and with 4 small holes and 4 small black zip ties I fixed those silly seat back nets from falling off everytime someone gets in the back seat. And by using black zipties they are practically invisible. Now those cheaply made things are finally usefull enough to put small stuff in like a small roll of paper towels, folded up sunshade, etc. I know it's a small victory but it's something.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Default wlp

we love pictures

Old 08-20-2014, 04:13 PM

Agree! Gf's mother nocking em off.

Chris

Old 08-20-2014, 08:37 PM
rsc

Taint nuthin a couple'a washers an self tappin screws can't fix. Better'n ducktape!

Old 08-21-2014, 07:37 AM

even easier....
the rubber band cord dealio gets stretched out over time that it doesnt snap back and hold it snug against the chair. I took 4 strips of paper about 1" wide about 4 inches long and rolled them each up, then folded it. I put them each between the clips and the frame of the netting. You cant see the paper and the back seat netting things are in place, nice and snug. I can remove them as well in case I find the elusive packback to put behind there.

Old 08-23-2014, 01:23 PM

We too have had trouble with them as I said. Decide to fix em.
Couple hours and sewing thread/needle and there fixed.
Pull the excess elastic cord up through the plastic clip and stitch tight.
Also the screen mesh ripped out of the edge of plastic frame. We super gel glued it all around perimeter. Then black paint and small model paint brush.

Excellent design cheaply executed. I bet the same guy who developed the ignition switch did the seat backs or at least a team member. Lol!

Chris

Old 08-23-2014, 07:09 PM

I used small (1/2" long) black oxide screws that I found in the garage. Drilled a pilot hole next to the clip and inserted the screw. Now the clips dont move at all and nets stay in place. Some black paint and an artist brush should obscure the screw heads.

Old 11-14-2017, 09:31 PM
Default Gorilla Glue !

Gonna use Gorilla Glue !!!

Old 11-15-2017, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by atari800
even easier....
the rubber band cord dealio gets stretched out over time that it doesnt snap back and hold it snug against the chair. I took 4 strips of paper about 1" wide about 4 inches long and rolled them each up, then folded it. I put them each between the clips and the frame of the netting. You cant see the paper and the back seat netting things are in place, nice and snug. I can remove them as well in case I find the elusive packback to put behind there.
I did something similar; I just cut (4) 1" long pieces of 1/2" rubber hose, 1 for each mounting, and slipped them in on the backside under the elastic, tightening them up. Worked great!

Old 11-15-2017, 06:50 PM

I found a more permanent fix. I tossed them

Quick Reply: Easy Seat Back Netting Fix