PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dual drilled XD Monsters-just ordered-Need Info/opinions

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 01:26 PM
CJI
Default Dual drilled XD Monsters-just ordered-Need Info/opinions

Hey guys, after lengthy hours researching wheel & tire specs and 18" v 20", etc., I finally decided on a set of black 20 X 9 KMC XD Monster's with 305-55-20 Cooper Zeon LTZ's (33") for my '08 H3.

Came to find out after placing the order that these are dual drilled for our bolt pattern of 6:139.7 and another 6 for Ford 6:135. Well the first thing I think of is 12 holes so close to the center of the wheel where all the force/torque coming from the center hub, is not likely to have the same strength and structural integrity as just 6 holes.

I addressed this with the supplier and they tell me this is the only way the wheel is availablle. They say its rated at 2200 LBS each and the dual drilling is done by the manufacturer. They dont think its an issue, but the sales guy failed to disclose they were dual drilled until after billing my credit card...so lost some credibility with me there. Also told me they were in stock and turns out they weren't.

My order is fully paid for and expected to be shipped out on Monday.

Anyone have any info or experience with this? Anyone running dual drilled wheels?

Anyone think this could be a safety issue?

Appreciate any info/opinions.

Thank you.

Old 09-16-2012, 08:59 PM

I have ran dual bolt pattern wheels on several vehicles and never had any problems

Old 09-16-2012, 10:09 PM
CJI

Originally Posted by skeeter
I have ran dual bolt pattern wheels on several vehicles and never had any problems
Thanks for the info Skeeter. Good to know. I appreciate it. Sounds like I'll be ok with those XD's then.

Old 09-18-2012, 09:49 PM

XDs are built for offroading, and are a lot heavier than the stock ones. I run the SPYs

Old 09-19-2012, 09:42 PM
CJI

Spy's are very nice. Was pretty much a coin flip between them and the Monster's for me. They arrive tomorrow w/tires mounted and was noticing total weight of the 4 wheels & tires shows up as 400lbs on the shipping. I figure the wheels must be just a bit less than half of that. Definately must be pretty beefy. Hoping to lift/level the front end this weekend, get the new wheels & tires on and get it aligned...then good to go.

Thanks for all the info.

Old 11-13-2012, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by CJI
Spy's are very nice. Was pretty much a coin flip between them and the Monster's for me. They arrive tomorrow w/tires mounted and was noticing total weight of the 4 wheels & tires shows up as 400lbs on the shipping. I figure the wheels must be just a bit less than half of that. Definately must be pretty beefy. Hoping to lift/level the front end this weekend, get the new wheels & tires on and get it aligned...then good to go.

Thanks for all the info.

Hi CJI,
new to the forum, and I to have just purchased a set of XD rockstars in the same bolt pattern as yours, 6 x 139.7, and what i received was a multi fit, again this is not what I ordered as in the multi fit. Anyway, was wondering how your wheels have been holding upand are you happy with this?

cheers

Old 11-13-2012, 08:12 PM

Posts some pics!