PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Driver door seal leaking water into cabin

Old 07-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Default Driver door seal leaking water into cabin

Has anyone else had similar problem? When I make a stop while its raining or has rained, the water must runoff the roof in towards the door seal. The water pours in and runs onto the heater vent, headlight controls, down the entire inside door panel. After some inspection, I noticed there is a gap between where the rubber seal on both the door and frame don't meet snugly. You can actually fit your finger into the gap in the top right part of the door between the two seals. I checked the passenger side, its a tight fit. It doesn't look like the door has adjustment, so maybe to door seals need to be replaced? Do they compact over time? They are in great condition. Thanks!

Old 07-17-2009, 06:12 AM

I don't think they compact over time. I had to replace my seal on the driver's side. The seat belt buckle would jam itself in the door wearing the seal. Warranty replaced it.

Bob

Old 07-17-2009, 07:37 AM

There's no way door seals would wear out after only a few years. They can get torn but you said they look okay.

Are you sure it's not your sunroof that's leaking due to clogged drains?

Old 07-17-2009, 09:38 PM

Do you have a moonroof? Drains may be plugged. They typically drain into the A pillars and if they are plugged it will leak into the cab wherever it can find a place.

Old 07-22-2009, 09:47 PM

No, it didn't come with a sunroof. If you poor a bucket of water over the roof/roof rail, the water will leak through. After a close look, the two seals where the door meets the jam arent sealing. There's just enough of a gap to allow water in. My plan is to take it to the dealer to have them look at it, I just haven't had time.

Old 08-10-2009, 05:21 PM

check the seals on your roof marker lights. ive had water pour out of my maplight section and into my passenger side floorboards. both times appeared to be the case

Old 08-10-2009, 08:40 PM

I have the same problem with mine but on the passenger side. my h3 was a dealer demo and they must have noticed this problem earlier because upon some inspecting the problem i saw where they placed some double sided tape between the seal and metal. let me know what you do to fix it

Old 08-11-2009, 03:27 PM

i just used some silicone windshield sealant. any automotive store should have it.

Old 05-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Default Passenger Floorboard Wet

I am having a similar problem. Both my driver and passenger floorboards were always soaked and I blew out the sunroof drains like everyone was saying on here. Now my driver side hasn't been wet for awhile now, but my passenger side still gets wet. I have been thinking it's something with the door seal, but was not sure. I am going to see if I can find a gap like you said Saturday when I wash it. I am also stationed in Germany so I can't go to a dealer.

Old 05-05-2010, 04:38 PM
Banned
Default @GregAFATC

curious,,,gas type,,octane,,,PRICE!!

is the h3 rare there??,,,BIG compared to reg cars??

just nosey!!

tom

gas here was 265 last mo,,,now 295

Last edited by drtom; 05-05-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: correct price

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Driver door seal leaking water into cabin