PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Sensor?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 01:42 AM
Default Door Sensor?????

Hey im new here im all the way in hawaii and i have a question today i turned my H3 on and the door sensor came on so i checked all the doors but nothing happens the sensor still thinks the door is open so i tried to look for the fuse but i can not find it i also disconnected the battery but nothing so i have to leave it unplugged tonite cuz after i lock the doors the lights still stay on inside before i take it to the dealership do you guys know how i can fix this???????? please help.......

Old 01-17-2009, 06:57 AM
Default RE: Door Sensor?????

there is a push swithc near the fog light switch....did you try pushing it?.....its very easy to turn it on......dont disconnect the battery...you have a default sensor on your hummer that will shut it off before it completely drains you.

i had the same thing happened..and thats what it was.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:43 AM

I had the same problem when my H3 was new. The dome light stayed on while driving, the DIC displayed 'DOORS', and I seem to recall an occasional warning chime. In my case, it was intermittent, but really, really annoying. The dealer replaced the driver's door switch and it's fine.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:11 AM

when its cold....like what we have had....and we washed the vehicle...chances are that most things are going to stick....thats most likely what happened here....the actual switch might just stuck ...but what ever you do...dont disconnect your battery...the ECM has memory...and it will need to reprogram itself...and your gas millage is going to suck for the next 400 miles. until it figurres out what ratios are best etc.

the only time you would want to disconnect a battery is when you are going to change the battery or if your going to store the vehilce for more than a month.
I just stored my Pontiac Solstice a few months ago and come spring..the battery will need to be recharged but it will keep the charge better.

other notes::....my heater fan decided not to work anymore in my Hummer H3...its in the shop as we speak...a rental car given...nothing like a Hummer...but the Impala will have to do.Too much snow here for my Convertible Solstice.

Chow for now...Sam

Old 01-17-2009, 10:54 AM

I have the same problem from time to time, something to do with the carwash. Some connections are shorted so i just turn off the switch as samkelly describe and wait for it to dry.

Old 01-17-2009, 02:56 PM

Must have been the moisture now its fine the button by the fog light switch would not turn the lights off idk y it was raining yesterdayreal bad that might have been it.... thankyou for your help now i dont have to go to the dealership.....

Old 01-25-2009, 09:01 PM

We had our H3 for like less than a week when the exact same thing happened to us...took it into the dealership...cuz hey its under warranty...they had to replace the BCM...I was a little irked with that...but still love my hummer

Old 01-25-2009, 10:17 PM

Faulty sensor....I've had it happen twice with H3s...pretty easy/quick swap too.

Old 02-14-2014, 12:39 PM

When you say sensor, are you talking about the switch that is on the body that gets pushed in by the door panel on closing?

I have an 07 H3 automatic with 100, 800 miles. Everything has been fine until coming home from work today. The doors would lock when it was put into gear and then the driver door would unlock. Occasionally I would hear the driver rear door locking and the dash display constantly read DOORS. I attempted opening and closing all 5 doors to make sure there was no obstruction and worked each of the rubber booted switches in and out to make sure nothing was stuck. Still have the DOORS display on my dash and get the intermittent ding-ding-ding-ding of the alert bell.

No warranty on mine, so I like to not have to deal with the stealership.

Thanks Fellas!

Old 02-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Drucifer
When you say sensor, are you talking about the switch that is on the body that gets pushed in by the door panel on closing?

I have an 07 H3 automatic with 100, 800 miles. Everything has been fine until coming home from work today. The doors would lock when it was put into gear and then the driver door would unlock. Occasionally I would hear the driver rear door locking and the dash display constantly read DOORS. I attempted opening and closing all 5 doors to make sure there was no obstruction and worked each of the rubber booted switches in and out to make sure nothing was stuck. Still have the DOORS display on my dash and get the intermittent ding-ding-ding-ding of the alert bell.

No warranty on mine, so I like to not have to deal with the stealership.

Thanks Fellas!
Who are you talking to in this 5 YEAR OLD THREAD?

Quick Reply: Door Sensor?????