PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Door locks

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Default Door locks

I searched the forum and found nothing on this subject. How do I stop the doors from locking when I put the car in gear? I know there are three lock options, but my salesman said that Lock 3 would disable the auto lock, he was wrong, it still locks the doors, but does not unlock them when you put it in park. I hate this lock setup, every time I drop my son off from school we do the lock dance, I forget to put it in park and he yanks on the handle then we get into this dance where I have to manually unlock the door. Can I just disable this "Safety" option!

Old 11-13-2006, 01:34 PM
Default RE: Door locks

Not acourding to the manual. Each option will lock the doors. and only changes which doors, if any, unlock when put back into park. It shouldn't take long to train the kid to unlock the door first or wait till I put it in park then get out. My wife almost has it down. Kids are easier to train.

The following are the available modes:
Lock 1 (default): On vehicles with an automatic
transmission, this mode locks all of the doors when the
vehicle is shifted out of PARK (P) and unlocks all of
the doors when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).

On vehicles with a manual transmission, this mode locks
all of the doors when the vehicle speed is greater
than 15 mph (24 km/h) and unlocks all of the doors
when the key is removed from the ignition.

Lock 2: On vehicles with an automatic transmission,
this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle
is shifted out of PARK (P) and unlocks the driver’s door
when the vehicle is shifted into PARK (P).

On vehicles with a manual transmission, this mode
locks all of the doors when the vehicle speed is greater
than 15 mph (24 km/h) and unlocks the driver’s door
when the key is removed from the ignition.

Lock 3: On vehicles with an automatic transmission,
this mode locks all of the doors when the vehicle
is shifted out of PARK (P). The doors will not
automatically unlock.

On vehicles with a manual transmission, this mode
locks all of the doors when the vehicle speed is
greater than 15 mph (24 km/h). The doors will not
automatically unlock.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:31 PM

I had a problem with my doors not locking or unlocking caused by a bad fuse. I don't recommend it but you could pull the fuse and then the door will not lock electrically. You could manually lock or unlock it using the key or from the inside. Fuse #8 20A.
Again, I don't recommend it.[:'(]
Later....

Old 11-14-2006, 10:07 PM
ZOO

ORIGINAL: Midlifetoy

I searched the forum and found nothing on this subject. How do I stop the doors from locking when I put the car in gear? I know there are three lock options, but my salesman said that Lock 3 would disable the auto lock, he was wrong, it still locks the doors, but does not unlock them when you put it in park. I hate this lock setup, every time I drop my son off from school we do the lock dance, I forget to put it in park and he yanks on the handle then we get into this dance where I have to manually unlock the door. Can I just disable this "Safety" option!

LOL! Sorry I have to laugh I have done the so called lock dance also.......[sm=lol.gif]

Old 11-15-2006, 09:17 PM

ORIGINAL: ZOO

ORIGINAL: Midlifetoy

LOL! Sorry I have to laugh I have done the so called lock dance also.......[sm=lol.gif]