PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Level kit the right way

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:57 AM
Default Level kit the right way

I would like to level the front suspension the right way! The truxx level kit does not lower the differential. Any info on a kit to lower the differential to get the axle's to OME specs would be great.This would greatly reduce the risk of an axle breaking.Please help.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Default RE: Level kit the right way

there is no kit out yet with a front diff drop bracket.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:56 PM

would a body lift kit do this? i don't know anything about them, but it seems to me that just lifting the body off the frame would leave the suspension intact. not sure if there's enough slack in the wiring or whatever else may need to move. i've thought about it, but haven't done a lick of research on it.

hey imp, good to see you back and, hopefully, feeling better. it was getting tiresome being the only dikhead on the forum there for a while . . .

Old 03-08-2007, 07:15 PM

LMAO....you will never be the ONLY dikhead on the forum....just the biggest

A body lift would do the trick but you will need to lengthen alot of chit, plus you will not gain any ride height (obviously) You'll also need to make relocation brackets for the bumpers as they attach to the frame and will stay there when the body goes up giving you a big ugly gap between the top of the bumper and teh bottom of the body.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:27 PM

didn't think about the bumpers, but all the other crap is what had me wondering. the new shocks give me enough support to where i'm not slamming into the wheel wells as bad as i used to, so i'll just live with it. eventually the back of the well will end up being pushed out of the way anyway . . . .[8D]

Old 03-08-2007, 07:35 PM

shorty, you may look into getting or fabbing up some dual shock towers to run two shocks per wheel up front. That should solve your stuffing problem.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:48 PM

i talked to chad hall about that when i picked up the new shocks, and he didn't think it would do much, other than make the ride stiffer. the ride is awesome, on and off road, and i don't want to lose that. he said the only thing he thought would stop it would be a lift of some sort. plus, i don't have enough room to add another remote reservoir in the wheel well, and another $800 for 2 more shocks, on top of the mounts and work to do it, makes me think i'll just live with it. so far i haven't shredded a tire or bent anything, so i doubt i'll do too much damage.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:05 PM

that's right, me forgot about your remote resiviour shocks. One of those dampen as much as two regular rancho's so yea you don't need two. WHat tires are stuffing? If fronts you may want to go with a heaver rated t-bar, that will give you an inch or so more clearance.

Old 03-08-2007, 08:10 PM

i'm running 37's. thought about beefier t-bars too, but so far that's as far as i got, thinking about it.[X(]

Old 03-08-2007, 08:53 PM

I know on my brothers oldfrontier the fronts kept running after his suspention lift settled, so we went with a 3/4 ton rated t-bars and it was an amazing difference. There are a few online t-bar manufacturers that have alot of info about it.

Quick Reply: Level kit the right way