PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

creaking noise on front end when turning or hitting bumps

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 03:09 PM

SK- can you post some pics? The dealers are clueless. Thanks!!

Old 11-25-2011, 04:00 PM

And so survey says:

1. Check your torsion keys if they are rubbing the frame, especially if you cranked them up to level the front.

2. Check your crossmember sleeves, get them welded if they are loose from corrosion

3. Service your steering and suspension points with grease / lube spray more often if you go offroading.

Thanks to all who posted for the information and entertainment

Old 01-15-2012, 08:04 PM

is it more like a loose shock sound like a knocking sometimes.i have that and the dealer is now changing my upper control arm because it had play and also my left axle was leaking and loose

Old 04-02-2016, 07:56 AM

I had a severe case of the creaks whenever I turned left or right or went over bumps.
At first I went over 4 to 6 joints in the front end with WD-40. There was little improvement so I considered taking it to the dealer. The next day I decided to go over everything and I mean everything. I got on my back under the H3 and discovered joints I had missed under the front end.
Upon standing and looking down between the tires and wheel wells I sprayed the shock joints bottom and upward toward the tops even though i could not visibly see the joints. I found other joints in the area too. Next I took care of the rear shocks (even up into all of the shock covers) and even the leaf supports and any and all else. I am here to say all creaks and squeeks are GONE and I am glad I did not give up after the first try.
No more embarrassment when moving by the fast food drive thru windows...

2006 H3

Last edited by buddy1065; 04-02-2016 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by buddy1065
I had a severe case of the creaks whenever I turned left or right or went over bumps.
At first I went over 4 to 6 joints in the front end with WD-40. There was little improvement so I considered taking it to the dealer. The next day I decided to go over everything and I mean everything. I got on my back under the H3 and discovered joints I had missed under the front end.
Upon standing and looking down between the tires and wheel wells I sprayed the shock joints bottom and upward toward the tops even though i could not visibly see the joints. I found other joints in the area too. Next I took care of the rear shocks (even up into all of the shock covers) and even the leaf supports and any and all else. I am here to say all creaks and squeeks are GONE and I am glad I did not give up after the first try.
No more embarrassment when moving by the fast food drive thru windows...

2006 H3
PLEASE do NOT dig up old (4 years old plus for this one) Threads.

https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/