PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a couple of problems I'm Having...

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Default a couple of problems I'm Having...

Some old to the forum but they are new to me and have all happened within this week.

1. Horizontal radiator stress crack top right. (Manual Trans. so its not that big of a deal.)

2. Check Engine Light Code P0411 (anyone else had this?)

3. I am getting A lot of vibration through the trans at both the shifter and clutch pedal @ 60-65 mph. RPMs do not affect it only speed. I thought maybe I had picked up a piece of trash or something and it had gotten wrapped around the drive shaft causing it to be out of balance. But no such luck. It's worth noting that i can feel it a little from about 50 mph but it doesn't get unbearable until about 63. I feel nothing coming through the steering wheel so it must be in the drive train somewhere. (The most crucial by far.)

Any helpful info on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated...

Old 02-29-2012, 11:03 PM

Radiator - OEM replacement or get a really nice aluminum radiator from a custom online shop for about the same price.

P0411-Secondary AIR Incorrect Airflow
P0411 Detects an insufficient flow condition. This test is run during
Phase 1 (AIR pump commanded On, Valve commanded Open)
Leaks downstream of the valve are detected via an evaluation of both pressure error and average pressure “String Length” – a term that represents the
absolute pressure delta accumulated every 6.25ms, then averaged over the duration of the test. Low “String Length” values are indicative of downstream leaks or blockages.
Predicted System Pressure versus Actual System Pressure Error > 5.0kPa

Sounds like it could be an air leak at the air pump, in the air line or where it attaches to the manifold.

VibrationThe vibration could be a U-joint in wither the front or rear driveshaft. You may have also "thrown" a weight from one of those shafts also.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by TAINTER
Radiator - OEM replacement or get a really nice aluminum radiator from a custom online shop for about the same price.

P0411-Secondary AIR Incorrect Airflow
P0411 Detects an insufficient flow condition. This test is run during
Phase 1 (AIR pump commanded On, Valve commanded Open)
Leaks downstream of the valve are detected via an evaluation of both pressure error and average pressure “String Length” – a term that represents the
absolute pressure delta accumulated every 6.25ms, then averaged over the duration of the test. Low “String Length” values are indicative of downstream leaks or blockages.
Predicted System Pressure versus Actual System Pressure Error > 5.0kPa

Sounds like it could be an air leak at the air pump, in the air line or where it attaches to the manifold. Any Idea what air pump and where it is located?

VibrationThe vibration could be a U-joint in wither the front or rear driveshaft. You may have also "thrown" a weight from one of those shafts also.

This does answer one of my questions I noticed what looked to be a weight on one of the shafts. is it like a wheel in that there could be multiple? I'll do some more investigating and see if i see a bare spot where one used to be. if that is the case how do i get that fixed? Are there places that repair driveshafts or would i need a replacement?
see above...

Old 03-01-2012, 06:26 PM

You da Man Tainter! Jus sayin!

Old 03-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

Air Pump is #7, easy to spot it and the lines. #2 is the outlet hose, it goes to the air check valve on the exhaust manifold (which many mistakenly call an EGR .... Atlas motors do not use EGR), #1 is the inlet line (07s+).