PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple Issues HA

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 05:13 PM
Default Couple Issues HA

Hey Y'all, so I'm beyond frustrated, to the point I'm ready to push her off a cliff. She's a 2007 H3.

The Engine light has been on for a while, I was told its the evap can seal, the front not the rear. The code its throwing is P0449, I did read another thread about this, I just need some more opinions.

The last mechanic that worked on it, said it was throwing codes for a misfiring cylinder 5, he did a tune up (changed plugs and wires) she drove great for a while then a new set of issues started - she would act like she was gunna die, I'll be sitting idling and then all a sudden the RPM drop way down and she almost dies. Mechanic is saying Fuel Pump is going out.

Since then he ran codes again and said I needed a new gas cap, replaced my gas cap and it's gotten MUCH MUCH worse. She got a locking gas cap (FYI). So now when I fill up, it will barely start, it's acting like she's not getting fuel, last nights fill up was the second time I've filled up since the new cap and It took 6 different tries she finally started I let her idle for a little bit, then put it in drive and she almost died. chugged along to get out from under the fuel pump and then was fine. but she's still acting like she's gunna die and not much power at all.

LAST thing My window wipers, started malfunctioning about a month ago, when I would start the vehicle the wipers turn on and then stop at a random spot, not at the "home" position or start position. after the mechanic replaced some part that was around $800 I now only have 1 speed (fastest) and they still turn on wipe the window about 3 times when the vehicle is started and don't go back to the start position. This mechanic is telling me he thinks its the circuit board is malfunctioning or fried and this could also be what the problem is with everything else.

Attached Thumbnails Couple Issues HA-beastie.jpg  
Old 04-07-2017, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Question: when you refuel, do you fill until the pump shuts off? If so, next time try just adding a few gallons or so (do not fill past 3/4 tank) and see if the problem continues.

It sounds like you have a Vent Valve issue, which is common after time (these trucks are getting older). Search Vent Valve Canister, which is the rear of the EVAP system. When the valve goes bad it gets stuck, sometimes open, sometimes closed. If open, it will through a code that some parts pushers think is a gas cap problem. If you overfill, fuel can actually get through the open valve and into the canister, and then over enriching cylinder fuel ratios, causing a clear flood condition. Means you have to crank the ignition, possibly several seconds for several times, to allow vacuum to build and clear out the extra fuel before it will fire.

A "mechanic" would know this, part pushers just throw parts at a problem hoping something fixes whatever is ailing, without ever understanding what is going on. You might want to find a real mechanic.

I know who owned that truck new, has the custom pink appointed leather inside... doesn't it? I doubt there would be more than one like it.

It has a sunroof. Has the carpet on the passenger side ever been wet after a rain? If so, your wiper spasms are cause by a BCM that got wet. You will have 2 things to do: 1) get your sun roof drains fixed (you can search that here) or unclogged; and, 2) you likely will need a new BCM.

Old 04-08-2017, 03:32 PM

Agreed....for the luv of a good Hummer get a different trained mechanic.

Here is 449 info.

https://sites.google.com/site/happyh...0449-resources

As far as dying try cleaning maf, tb. Check rubber hose under air resonator.

Chris

Old 04-10-2017, 11:10 AM

THanks Guys!

Old 04-10-2017, 11:10 AM

Yes, that's my baby! lol you are correct!