Hummer H3 For the Hummer driver who wants the rugged look and off road capabilities of the Hummer, but in a smaller size and with a more fuel economy friendly engine.

Could anyone please identify what this component is?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2019, 03:06 PM
Default Could anyone please identify what this component is?

Hi,
I am new to the forum, though I have searched through it many times for advice, which has always been great!

First question I would like to ask is, how do I attach an image to my post?? Normally should just be the paperclip icon but I tried that and it wont attach the image, perhaps because I just joined?

The main reason I am posting now, is that, due to the desert heat I find myself and my Hummer H3 living in, many plastic components on 'Hugo' are very brittle and crumble to dust if I brush against them! In this case, it is the connector on a thin pipe that comes from under the windshield and enters into a loom of cables on the right side of the engine bay (as you look toward the truck).

The pipe is hollow, it contains neither fluid or any cable. It is nothing to do with the windscreen washers. Since it crumbled to pieces, there has been no adverse affect on the car at all, it appears to have had no discernable function but I would like to know, in case its important.

I have pictures of similar engines in my album, attached to my profile, with the component circled, any chance any of you could have a look please?

I have been over schematics on GM-Parts but, without knowing what it is or what it does, its hard to know where to look? I have looked at every exploded diagram and I cannot find it.

Thanks in advance
B

Old 01-25-2019, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF.

To post a pic you click on the picture icon in the tool bar across the top. Pictures are treated as images, not attachments = no paperclip.

Old 01-25-2019, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Welcome to HF.

To post a pic you click on the picture icon in the tool bar across the top. Pictures are treated as images, not attachments = no paperclip.

Unidentified 'Hose'

Thankyou!

Any chance that anyone recognizes this hose please? I think its a breather hose possibly, I believe it also exits on the other side of the engine bay.

Thanks
Baz

Old 01-25-2019, 10:47 AM

Hood release cable?

Old 01-25-2019, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Chimpy
Hood release cable?
Hi Chirpy,

Thanks for your reply, good guess but that's not it, as the hood releases fine. There is no cable in it either, its a hollow plastic tube, so either a breather or for fluid possibly? If I even knew what it did it would help, I have sniffed it, sucked on it lol (yep I am that desperate to find out what it does!), there is no odor and no fluid in the pipe!

Old 01-25-2019, 03:57 PM

Does your rear window washer work? I believe that is the line that takes fluid from the front to the back (similar connector under the carpet just in front of the driver's seat if I remember correctly.

Old 01-25-2019, 05:27 PM

Yup, that is the line to the rear washer. It goes from under the washer tank (passenger side, just behind the coolant tank) up under the cowling, across to the driver side, then comes out and down (that's the part you are looking at) and routes along the frame to the back of the truck, and goes into the rear door. The washer fluid tank has two pumps under it; one for the front, one for the rear.

Last edited by 650Hawk; 01-25-2019 at 05:30 PM.
Old 01-25-2019, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by HumbleAg
Does your rear window washer work? I believe that is the line that takes fluid from the front to the back (similar connector under the carpet just in front of the driver's seat if I remember correctly.
Originally Posted by 650Hawk
Yup, that is the line to the rear washer. It goes from under the washer tank (passenger side, just behind the coolant tank) up under the cowling, across to the driver side, then comes out and down (that's the part you are looking at) and routes along the frame to the back of the truck, and goes into the rear door. The washer fluid tank has two pumps under it; one for the front, one for the rear.
Ahhh Thankyou so much guys, that is obvious thinking about it now!!!

I live in a desert and never really use the rear washer, I just forgot about it, the connector must be a non return valve.

Now we know what it is, I am trying to find a replacement and it isn't listed on the GM Parts diagrams for either washer pump?? Anyone have a clue where I can find it please?

Hummer H3 Front Washer Assembly

Hummer H3 Rear Washer Assembly

Old 01-26-2019, 03:43 AM

can you splice it with rubber hose?

connector may be just a connector

Old 01-28-2019, 07:54 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by happythree
can you splice it with rubber hose?

connector may be just a connector
My rear washer tube cracked right at the rear door causing fluid to run out all over. I cut it clean and spliced it with a piece of fuel line hose. Works fine now.

Quick Reply: Could anyone please identify what this component is?