PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering mud flaps

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 01:12 AM
Default Considering mud flaps

I purchased a Boulder Grey with the adventure package last month. Seems like dirt/streaks appear to come from the tires and I thought maybe the flaps would help. Any suggestions...

I added the painted spare tire cover from Rollover and really like it's impact to the rear.

Thanks,
Ken

Old 11-14-2005, 01:35 AM
Default RE: Considering mud flaps

Congratulations on your new H3, Ken! And welcome to the forum.
Those mud flaps might help. Mud flaps on the rear tires are also used when you are considerate and don't want to splatter the driver behind you with your mud..[8D] But it seems to me that if you plan to go off-roading, they might get on the way.
What do you think, Shortbus?

Old 11-14-2005, 02:36 AM

as much as i like mud, the H3 design makes mudflaps pretty necessary. your back fender flares will last longer with them on it. and the ones that went on our runs both had them, and they survive pretty well off road. i'd say go for it.

Old 11-14-2005, 09:19 AM

I was thinking the same exact thing just yesterday... It looks as if there are fittings in the fender that are ready for the flaps... Almost as if you could just screw them right in with no drilling or what not... Is that true??

Old 11-14-2005, 09:37 AM

I have seen people saying that it was a simple 10 min. job. And I have seen people saying that it was a pain to install. But yes the mudflaps do bolt into the fittings that you see, no drilling. So I really can't see it being too difficult at all.

Old 11-14-2005, 12:04 PM

while i was getting my body mount replaced, met a guy having some installed on his yellow H3. not sure what the mudflaps cost, but they charged him around $150 to put them on. i think a little hassle is worth doing it yourself, unless you've got a very kind dealership. it's worth asking them though, they might throw them on for you for nothing, save you the hassle.

Old 11-14-2005, 02:36 PM

My dealer lists most accessories on their website and includes installed price as well... They are all fixed and for the 4 flaps it is about $176.00 installed... They are $80.00 across the counter...

Old 11-14-2005, 03:53 PM
Administrator

when i worked as a tech people used to pay us to install flaps, and its easy...is there some "trick" to it with the H3?

Old 11-14-2005, 08:28 PM

I have seen the Mudflaps on a H2 SUT and they looked pretty nice. I was thinking about them as well. I like that they are a molded piece of plastic thet fits the vehicle not just a "flappy" rubber piece.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:47 AM

Thanks for your help, I order the "Guard PKG" this evening from Hummer Parts Online.

Quick Reply: Considering mud flaps