PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

clunk noise

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:07 PM
Default clunk noise

so im getting a clunk noise comming fromthe rear passanger wheel and sometimes front pass wheel too.. i thought it was the sway bars but there tight soo im stumped.. only click/clunk when going over a bump or offroading

any ideas

Old 11-09-2011, 09:39 PM

how many miles on it? is it leveled? it could be bad shocks. i had a rear shock go out at 40k and i just put bilsteins on the front at 68k because leveling accelerated the life of my stock shocks and i started getting clunks. if that's not it I am trying to track down a similar clunk as well coming from under my feet if i make sharp right turn. i've been under the truck jiggling everything from the sway bar to the steering shaft components to the body mounts and everything seems fine.
you also might wanna look at your leaf springs. from one of the threads i read about with a similar issue it turned out to be a bad bushing.

Old 11-12-2011, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by mthoodh3
how many miles on it? is it leveled? it could be bad shocks. i had a rear shock go out at 40k and i just put bilsteins on the front at 68k because leveling accelerated the life of my stock shocks and i started getting clunks. if that's not it I am trying to track down a similar clunk as well coming from under my feet if i make sharp right turn. i've been under the truck jiggling everything from the sway bar to the steering shaft components to the body mounts and everything seems fine.
you also might wanna look at your leaf springs. from one of the threads i read about with a similar issue it turned out to be a bad bushing.

Dont mean to highjack 954rrpaulo thread but I have the same problem as mthoodh3. The sound is under my feet and when I do a sharp turn, it feels like a small bolder under the floor pan shifting over. Sounds weird I know but I would like to find the cause. Also

Old 11-12-2011, 02:54 PM

ya shock are new and im also leveled.... clunk is getting lounder .... havent had time to check it out completly yet