PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check Engine came on after Throttle body & AirRaid intake installed?? Help??

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Default Check Engine came on after Throttle body & AirRaid intake installed?? Help??

Has anyone else had the check engine light pop on after they installed a throttle body spacer and intake? The truck runs great and I read a few other forums so i checked the basics; gas cap, air leaks, etc... I am concerned the throttle body spacer did it since EVERYONE and there mother does the intake. PLEASE HELP. No big deal but I hate looking at that light. Makes me nervous! thanks

Old 12-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Check Engine came on after Throttle body & AirRaid intake installed?? Help??

Did you disconnect the battery before you did that??

Old 12-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Default RE: Check Engine came on after Throttle body & AirRaid intake installed?? Help??

nope, bad move huh??

can I just up plug the battery and wait and then plug it back in?

Old 12-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator

yeah.... that's kinda why the instructions say to do it that way...

but you didn't harm anything... just disconnect it and then wait a while... and reconnect it...

if it comes right back on.. you probably didn't wait long enough... or you have a problem...

Old 12-23-2007, 02:23 PM

hope that works. I guess sometimes you DO need to look at the directions not matter how simple it is.

thanks. I am crossing my fingers and heading to the garage

Old 12-23-2007, 03:55 PM

I did both to mine, but like Mud said I disconnected the positive terminal while I was doing it. Never had a problem with it

Old 12-23-2007, 04:01 PM

normally pulling the power is recommended but not needed. I have done plenty on other cars and never pulled the power. If pulling the juice for a few minutes work, great....but I think your problem is more a MAS problem. Slightly loose or installed in the wong direction would do it.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:01 PM

I've heard of people having issues with the MAF sensor after intake upgrades. Sometimes it gets some oil from the filter, or it just bugs out from the increase in airflow.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Get some CRC MAF cleaner, carefully pull it out (just two small screws) and give it a spray....follow the cleaner directions. See if that sets ya straight.

Old 12-29-2007, 06:12 PM

I know this sounds silly but if it does not reset after several starts. Turn key on, hold brake, honk horn three times. I have to double check that procedure. The battery disconnect might work.

Quick Reply: Check Engine came on after Throttle body & AirRaid intake installed?? Help??