PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Changing my appearance...........

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Default RE: Changing my appearance...........

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Kild, just go in and have the entire truck tripple dipped and get it over with :-)

Old 07-03-2007, 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: dilo2001gt

just need to get rid of the dent on the roof.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 07-03-2007, 10:24 PM

Yo HG..........

You said "paint" quite a few times in your initial post........mmm mmmm mmmmmm

Before you do anything drastic, remember there is a "spray on bra" product that is sold at most automotive stores
designed to come off with a pressure washer....plus there is also some crazy colored wash off paint........

Might want to start with the water colors before moving on to the oils.......

Just a thought-----

Old 07-03-2007, 10:32 PM

ORIGINAL: LawWyfe
I figure he works hard and he should have what he wants...and in fact I encourage him to do as he wants and then I get a list of things he wants done and those items become gifts/surprises for him. (Yep I'm the perfect wife! BAHAHAHA )Anddddduuuh...you gonna spray paint it??? LOL
Damn woman......Now I know why I like ya

Sounds like you and my wife are cut from similar cloth.....

Bought a new HDTV today, she wants to know why I didn't get a larger screen size and do I need a new AV receiver to go with it.

Damn did I get lucky with this one or what.........

Old 07-04-2007, 05:45 AM

Thank you hun! LOL You catch more "flies" with honey so to speak My philosophy has always been "do unto others as YOU WOULD HAVE THEM DO UNTO YOU! And it has basically worked...I got to do as I pleased with my H3 when the time came. Oh..and enjoy that new TV!

Old 07-10-2007, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

I just saw alot of these comments that I must have missed [:@] They are quite humorous I must say [:@][:@]

OK, yes they are

Thanks, Sarah, for making me feel like a girly man. Your true feelings for me finally show, and now you can not ever enjoy what my manly-ness has to offer you

So far, here's what I have done:

1. Removed all of the logos, stickers, badges, etc. from the body. There are no H3 or GM anything on the there.

2. Removed the chrome strips I had on the doors.

3.Painted hubcaps with black stripes (doesn't look bad actually)

4. Painted HUMMER lettering on hubcaps red to match the paint. (I did this a while ago but gave another coat)

5.Leveled the H3 out using the mighty torsion bar adjustment (whata pain.) I actually used a ruler to get the entire vehicle semtrical by choosing points on the chasis in the front to use as references and adjusted the ground clearance accordingly. Now it doesn't lean to the right/left anymore like so many of the H3's are plagued with. (It took me about a week to get it right as well. Alot of trial and error, test driving, etc, but it looks SWEET!)

Things I'm going to do in the next week or two:

1. Paint the muffler/exhaust pipes flat black using engine block paint

2. Removed side steps (the whole family just LOVES when they can't get in, but oh well, tough **** my wife can get in and she's 5'1, I'm surethey can manage)

3. Add another layer of tint to all of the windows behind the driver's windows. (I may just do the hatch window, not sure yet). I'm still debating this one.

4. "Customize" the rear brake lights (you'll see it when it's done )

5.Add black door molding to the lower door panels (because idiots keep banging my truck opening their doors, and they are idiots because they are dumb enough to do it while I'm sitting in it [:@])

6. Possibly remove the light bar and add some KC off-road lights to the front of the truck (haven't figured that out yet but have some ideas).

7. Paint the rear tire cover completely black, but a high-gloss black (Krylon Fusion is incredible for something like this)

8. And by the end of the year, I WILL have my third row seats, 2 of them side by side:

Name:  3rdseat.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  7.4 KB

There's a few other things I may do but these are what I'm going to do soon. I'm not going to post any pics until it's completely done since I think it's a little pointless. My goal is to find cheap ways to customize the H3 and save money over spending hundreds of dollars on all of the eBay stuff they have out there. I'm going to keep my chrome though since I spent alot of time and money on it.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:06 AM

Sounds like you have a lot planned. It will be interesting to see the finished product.

I know you said you weren't gonna post any pics till it is finished, but after seeing this:

3.Painted hubcaps with black stripes (doesn't look bad actually)

You HAVE to post at least one pic of this mod ! ! ! ! !

4. "Customize" the rear brake lights (you'll see it when it's done )

An acquaintance of mine just got popped for "home" smoked tail lights..Check yourstate laws if you have that in mind.

6. Possibly remove the light bar and add some KC off-road lights to the front of the truck
(haven't figured that out yet but have some ideas).

That will (in my un-asked for opinion) make the biggest single difference in appearance on your H3.

Pre-ruuner bars for the front would be pretty simple to make and not cost a lot.

Not sure what you will think about this, but how about color matching the primary bumper and polishing the skid plate?????

Good luck with the project and above all else, HAVE FUN with it.

Gunner

Old 07-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

I keep saying I'm going to take a pic of the hub caps but I keep forgetting. I'm getting hammered at work and these 14 hour days are killing me. I don't even have time to go get the damn engine enamel I need to paint the exhaust system until this weekend. DOH!

So, you are familiar with the "HOME" tinted tail lights They aren't illegal around here unless they are so dark you can't see them. I just want to put a light black tint on them since I'm not about to spend $200 on new ones. I'd rather save that and put it towards my seats.

I've thought about doing the pre-runner bar. I never really thought about making one so that's not a bad idea. I bet I could buy the supplies from Home Depot and do it myself but may just drill and make some brackets.

My thing is I'm getting really sick of not being able to fit in some of the parking garages in Chicago because of those lights, and when I do barely fit, I seem to have to menuever around things so it doesn't take my lights off. Now that the front end is raised, I'm running about 6'4" I think in height. I didnt spent all the time wiring a relay and switch and horn trigger for off-road lights just to not have them. I like the light bar but it's more of a neucense and considering the wind noise it produces not really worth it.

I like the color-matched bumper, but not sure if It would look right on my car. I might do it though. Seems like it would be easy considering Victory Red is such a common red color. I could probably use a metallic red paint and get it pretty close.

How much are black powder-coated pre-runner bars going for these days? I remember they were getting fairly cheap on eBay.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:53 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I keep saying I'm going to take a pic of the hub caps but I keep forgetting. I'm getting hammered at work
No freaking wonder you can't get anything done...damn boozer!

Old 07-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

[sm=alcoholic.gif]

Hello Friends. Are youtired, run down,listless? Do you pop out at parties? Are you un-poopular? Then try a little bottle of this stuff. Vita-Veega-Meety-mat. It's so tasty too, just like Candy......................................

Quick Reply: Changing my appearance...........