PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Change brake pads myself?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 12:51 PM

2004 h2 doesn't stop

Old 05-10-2013, 01:21 PM

Instead of posting on a thread that is 3 years old just start a new one. What do you mean it doesn't stop? Can you elaborate? That might help.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:10 PM

...and getting your post in the right Hummer model forum might help as well.....

Old 05-11-2013, 02:37 PM

Hello, I have H2 2004 Hummer when breaks it slide and then stop and then sometimes it doesn't stop at all. I almost ran in to peoples and instead I turn and hit a small pole, and it stop. Just change all brakes pad's, did not do the problem. I just bought a master cylinder, would that do the problem. After changing pads I try stopping and it slide through until it come to a full stop almost hitting my sister's car. Please help!!!!

Old 05-11-2013, 03:32 PM

I just got my rotors and pads today, paid $700 for the job. Ive done it myself on a Nissan maxima and just didn't want to deal with it this time. Can you believe 67,000 miles on the original rotors? They were totally shot and falling apart, part of the reason I paid because I don't have air tools and know the bolts would have been terrible to turn. It was doing that lurching thing when you apply the brakes, now you don't even know ur hitting the brake, it just smoothly stops. Best $700 spent in awhile.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:50 PM

SILINI, we have already responded to you. You are posting in the wrong section of the website. This section is for H3's. Go to the H2 section and post your question.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:57 PM

Silini it sounds like your out of brake fluid or its really low. Maybe you have a leak in the brake system somewhere .

Old 05-14-2013, 12:32 AM

silin, although in the wrong forum, some things to check would be bleed the brakes, could have air in the lines that compresses causing the bakes to e weak. check that you do not have a bake hose failing, when you changed pads did you let the caliper hang by the hose or get it twisted when reattaching it? both could cause hose failure, the hose should have absolutely no twist in it. did someone put in the wrong brake fluid at some point? are you running big rims? As we all know most people with h2's put 24"+ wheels on them, those plus tires can be A LOT of weight for the stock brake system.

first thing I'd do is take off the wheels and check out the hose for any signs of damage, leaks, or a weak part bloating out under pressure and make sure they're not twisted.

Then I'd flush out the entire brake fluid system, if you don't know how do a little research on bleeding brakes and not only bleed the brakes but do it repeatedly to get ALL of the old fluid out of he system and replaced with new and the correct DOT brake fluid.

Old 05-14-2013, 01:05 PM

clearly,time to drop it off at a real,honest to goodness authenic brake shop.
you are guessing,getting guesses,and throwing money at it.
that's what govt does and the results are, throw more money at it.

Old 05-15-2013, 07:51 PM

Thank You for all your help and comments. My H2 work now after changing the pads and bleed, it did not work. I change the master cylinder and bleed all 4 wheels again, still did not do the job. Next thing I change the Brake Hydro Boost then bleed all four wheels again, and it work. My brake feels so great and brake like a new car. After changing the master cylinder the brake was so sponge and it was not good, and unsafe to be out on the road. So Hydro Boost did the job. Thank You so much for all the info I receive here. I am sorry for being in the wrong H3 Forum. I did not realize that. Much love to you all. thanks again:-) Silini

Quick Reply: Change brake pads myself?