PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Spark Plugs, wires and air fliter

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 07:30 AM
Default New Spark Plugs, wires and air fliter

Guys,

I ahve preety much stayed a OEM guy but looking to interest my preformance a bit, have had stock air filter, cold air intake, spark plugs, wiries and now I thinking about chaning them up for somehting a bit "better".

Thoughts on what you have doen? In past trucks I have done the K&N Cold air intake, and NGK plugs and wires. also a MSD. ALso in the past I have used Royal Purple Oil and a K&N Oil Filter, any thoughts or wasted cash??? I did notice a bit better preformance on other trucks, not sure what it will do for this bad boy....

Old 04-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Default RE: New Spark Plugs, wires and air fliter

Here is what I was thinking.....

For Plugs: NGK Laser Platinum/Iriduim Part# 7862
Cold Air Intake: K&N 57-3037
Spark Plug wires: Street Fire by MSD
MSD Ignition: 6A

Oil: Royal Purple Synthetic Oil
Oil Filter: K&N # HP-1007

Thoughts????

Old 04-09-2008, 07:02 PM

I use the NGK TR6 plugs with JBA 0855 wires. They are not iridium plugs. You have to change them every 24k miles. They work better with modified engines and the heat range is one step colder than the TR55IX OEM plugs. This back off on the detonation I get in warmer days. Also since I have the ATI Pro Charger on it, I pulled the plugs from it after a few hundred miles driven since installed and they are perfect looking. No need for a spark amplifier like the MSD or capacitor core wires such as nology.

________
synthetic weed

Last edited by jaydcc69; 02-10-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:40 PM

I am using NGK platinum plugs and Taylor Thunder Volt wires on my H2. Runs great! Just replaced the rear diff fluid with royal purple. dwaxman, Performance Improvements is having a midnight madness sale on Fri. April 18. Everything on sale including k&n systems.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:44 AM

ORIGINAL: dizzy

I am using NGK platinum plugs and Taylor Thunder Volt wires on my H2. Runs great! Just replaced the rear diff fluid with royal purple. dwaxman, Performance Improvements is having a midnight madness sale on Fri. April 18. Everything on sale including k&n systems.

the sale is why I am asking, you like the plugs and wires you use??
I will be hitting the perfomrance improvments on friday in etobicoke or brampton, not sure which one, but that is going to be a huge sale!! That is when I stock up on oil and filters.

What do you think about the K&N system?

Old 04-10-2008, 06:42 AM

Hey Dizzy, you in Toronto??

Old 04-10-2008, 07:44 PM

I've had the airaid air filters on all of my hummer h2's (about 10 or so I think) and they're worked great, they're great just for the fact you dont need to buy filters ever again, not to mention the bump in fuel economy and horsepower.

I've used K&N filters on alot of my other cars but they don't make just the filters for the h2 which is pretty stupid

Old 04-10-2008, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: pteam

I've had the airaid air filters on all of my hummer h2's (about 10 or so I think) and they're worked great, they're great just for the fact you dont need to buy filters ever again, not to mention the bump in fuel economy and horsepower.

I've used K&N filters on alot of my other cars but they don't make just the filters for the h2 which is pretty stupid

I had K&N on my Navigator and also on my Jaguar, I was looking at airaid but wasn;t sure since I always used K&N filters. Airaid is cheaper so if they do a good job then I may check them out.

you ever put anything other then AC delco plugs or wires on your 10+ hummers??

Old 04-10-2008, 08:52 PM

We have done tuneups but I don't know what brand they were, my mechanics do all the work not me.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:01 PM

i heard new plugs and wires can also improve MPG as well as overall performance increase, there is a big sale next friday at the performance shop and I am making a nice shopping list, new air intake, vent visor, royal purple oil and K&N oil fliters, now thinking about good new plugs and wires, want to know what you vets use in the rigs and like??

Quick Reply: New Spark Plugs, wires and air fliter