PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Called my service dept today.......geez......

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Default Called my service dept today.......geez......

I called my hummer service dept today, to schedule an appointment, for the steering shaft fix, replacement of flat spotted tires. After having the steering shaft replaced yesterday, and now it's worse!!! Well I got a hold of the service dept. finally after leaving numerous messages.....I guess they don't answer their phones a lot. The actual Hummer dealership doesn't have a service dept. All of their Hummers are serviced at their Chevy dealership.

I said who I was and I was wondering if he had received my messages...the service advisor said "yeah, and what do you want?" I was taken back by his lack of caring and attitude. I said I want to make an appointment to have the issues taken care of with the tires, and also that the steering shaft replacement failed at the other dealer (Quirk Auto Park-they are GM and are certified to work on Hummers) and I need it fixed. He said he has fixed over 500 of these H3 Hummers and that he has never seen a steering shaft issue. It could be a bunch of other things he said. I asked "like loose stabilizer links?" and he said yes. I also said "geez i know a lot of folks that have had issues with the steering shaft problem, and now that I had an attempted replacement, and now the symptoms are worse, it seems to make sense that it just might be my steering shaft". He said no it can't be.....I said there is a TSB on this subject......he said "Never heard of it and that it's not the steering shaft"
I was ticked at this point and asked him if he thought the TSB didn't exist......What a JERK!!!
The problem is that is the only dealership in my state.....[:@] I'm not lucky like you Texas fellows. I think I will call back the dealer that worked on the steering shaft and see if we can resolve it tomorrow.

I also called and spoke with Hummer Assistance.....and I told them what has gone on. They are calling the service guys manager to let him know how I was treated. I also have a case number as well.....she is going to call me back tomorrow evening to see if everything is taken care of with the dealer I saw yesterday for the steering shaft.

Sorry for venting....but I bought this vehicle so I wouldn't have issues, and now I do, and the Hummer service is really bad....well maybe just this advisor is bad....who knows... Anyone here have service done at Pape Chevrolet?????

Old 01-09-2008, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Called my service dept today.......geez......

Sorry Brandi. I just posted a similiar dealer experience in another thread. Once I got ahold of Hummer Customer Assistance they straightened the dealer out pretty quickly. Hopefully this happens for you also. I live in Southern California and fortunately we have quite a few Hummer dealers to choose from. As usual several are much better than the rest. If there was a choice there I am sure your service would be better. Hopefully Hummer CA gets it resolved for you. Hang in there and let us know what happens.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:33 PM

Is the white dot/yellow dot thing still standing on the steering shafts???? Hopefully I can find out and maybe resolve this on my own before I contact the dealer tomorrow.....

Old 01-09-2008, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator

Please do not be slappin service reps in the forheadby loosely throwing around a "TSB"....

Technically, the guy you talked to was right, although I doubt he knew why?

The original Bulletin 07-02-35-006 (8/1/07), and been replaced by #07-02-35-006B and does NOT include 06 or 08Hummers. Not to say an 06 or 08 could not have a bad intermediate shaft, but this bulletin is only for 07 Hummers (and Colorado/Canyon) due to the new designed that was initiated on this platform in 07.

An earlier post by me today in another thread : Hummer says the 2008 H3's steering system has been upgraded for improved on-center feel and offroad reliability. The system's modest power assistance gives the steering wheel just enough heft, which feels appropriate for this vehicle, and the H3 responds readily to turns of the wheel." It is my understanding the 08 already is supposed to be using the redesigned part number???

Subject: Clunk or Knock Noise Heard and/or Felt Through Steering Wheel or Brake and Accelerator Pedals (Replace Lower Steering (Intermediate) Shaft) #07-02-35-006B - (10/18/2007)
Models: 2007 Chevrolet Colorado, 2007 GMC Canyon, 2007 HUMMER H3 with 3.7L Inline 5 Cylinder Engine (VIN E -- RPO LLR)

This bulletin is being revised to provide important steps to follow when replacing the lower I-shaft. Refer to "Important" information found in the Correction Section of this bulletin. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-02-35-006A (Section 02 -- Steering).

Condition
Some customers may comment on a clunk or knock noise being heard or felt through the steering wheel and/or brake and accelerator pedals. This issue may be more prevalent in hotter temperatures.
Cause
This condition may be caused by a slip/stick condition in the lower steering (intermediate) shaft.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:12 PM

Spell it out for the dealer

GM Bulletin #07-02-45-006
The newpart # is 25900714- Shaft - Lower Steering

[/align]

Old 01-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Super Moderator

alrock, I know that was circulated around this forum many times, but a typo??? GM gave the NTSB 070235006. I just searched it again to make sure I didn't miss an additional one and it does not come up with 45, but it do with 35.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:59 PM

Hey Doc, how's that memory holding up
Found this old post of yours using Google Search of the forums (tends to work better than the built-in Search.
https://www.hummerforums.com/archive...d-89893-1.html

FYI-I didn't see your earlier post as I was looking around while I was gathering info to post.
[hr]
Doc Olds[/align] 10/2/2007 11:59:14 AM[/align] [/align] Greenshirt, I agree. The dealer may have done the old "hail Marry" repair using a new, but old defective part, and preyed your problem went away. That is not the current correct repair. This was discussed in volumes in the prior post referrenced by Hummer Guy. Look in that prior post, mabey page 14 or so, I think Greenshirtput up the new part #. Look at your repair invoice and check the part number on it????

Wow what a memory, like an old azzed rusty metal trap.

The newpart # is 25900714- Shaft - Lower Steering

GM Bulletin #07-02-45-006 [/align]

Old 01-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Location: The Empire State... should be called The Nanny State

Had similar bad service at Karl Hummer in New Canaan CT although it was about a trailer hitch and wiring harness, not the steering shaft. Have yet to contact customer service. I have to get around to filling out that satisfaction survey. Alot of talk, some attitude, not a lot of action.
It's too bad. This is how GM loses customers

Old 01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Hard to hire good help these days. Solar if you give the service tech those numbers they will be hard pressed to not help you.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:47 AM

Ok, here's the update....called Quirk Chevy today to bring it back in and have them diagnose, and order parts if necessary. The service rep said it's impossible to have it doing it again in one day....He said it's caused by the lube coming out of the shaft and it can't happen overnight. So I made an appointment for tomorrow at 10:30am.
A half hour later he calls me back and said that he spoke with the service manager, and that they are not professionals (I'm assuming he meant on the Hummers-but I don't know). He said that they don't want to deal with it and to bring it back to the Hummer service dept. The Hummer service dept. is not at my Hummer dealership, but rather at the Chevy dealership, under the Pape name.
So as it stands now, I have an appointment on Weds 16th.
Let's keep my fingers crossed that they will take care of me.

Quick Reply: Called my service dept today.......geez......