PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

To buy or not to buy? (HUMMER H3)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005, 01:55 AM
Default To buy or not to buy? (HUMMER H3)

It's just a matter of going in the dealership and finishing up the paperwork. I told the salesperson that I'm gonna sleep on it until the weekend. Is there anything I should worry about if I decide to buy it? Just wanted to get the feedback of the H3 owners, not just people who drove it and gave their opinion. I would be sacraficing my 2005 Acura TL w/ Navi & A-spec for it....I have 2nd doubts about purchasing it, but yet, I still want it for some reason. I'm not gonna be offroading or anything, just the regular driving here and there & to have more space for the baby....Any owners regret buying the H3?

Old 11-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Default RE: To buy or not to buy? (HUMMER H3)

I bought mine 2 weeks ago and I must say, as I was handing over the cash, I was as nervous as you sound... I was thinking the added power of the Exterra might have been a better choice even though it had a lesser warranty and less room... I was also concerned about the somewhat odd feel of the H3 as compared to everything other than a Hummer... That apprehension continued for about 1 day into my ownership but as I passed 100 miles I began to just love this truck... Now at 600+ miles I am convinced it is the best vehicle purchase I have ever made and I could not love it more... It is a wonderful truck that seems as if it were custom made for me and I have no doubt whatsoever that I did the right thing in buying it...

I would add however that if you can, I think the off-road "adventure" package would be a wise addition... Something tells me that down the road these will be in high demand in the used market by off roaders and the initial investment of 1600 or so dollars might end up paying off in spades... If you can't afford it then obviously it is not worth the chance but if you can it seems a small price to pay for such an obvious improvement that can not be added so easily later... Resale value is something we all have to consider and there just seems a great argument for this add on...

Good Luck either way...

Old 11-18-2005, 11:09 AM

I'm looking at the H3 in luxury/chrome/dvd monitors...any thoughts about lease VS buy on this vehicle? I was thinking about buying it outright, but for some reason, I feel tempted to lease it too, just in case 3yrs from now, a better & powerful SUV comes out....btw, this will be my first domestic purchase if I follow through tomorrow....

Old 11-18-2005, 12:03 PM

i've got an h2, so not real knowledgable about the H3. i have seen them offroad though, and even though you say you won't use it offroad now, it's nice to know that you can. i was impressed the first time i went out with one, and that impression gets better each time. i haven't talked to anyone that regrets getting one, so i think you'll be happy with it. good luck, come back and let us know how things worked out. if you're really interested in a more powerful SUV, there's always the H2 . . . . .

Old 11-18-2005, 07:22 PM

Not sure on the lease but my rule is if you plan on not owning it in 3 years then lease but if you don't know or probably will want to own it then buy... Personal rule only however so take it for what its worth... On the potential better one, I have no doubt the 2007 will have the turbo/super charger they tried to develop for the 2006, at the very least as an option but with the way this one is selling and the unusual capabilities it offers, I would also bet the same odds that this base model will jump to $35000 with the more powerful version near $40000... That is just the nature of the beast and GM really needs to exploit the only extension they own making real money... A world of $40000 H3's, $80000 H2's and $160000 H1 Alpha's is not at all hard to imagine... My feeling was that if I get it properly equipped and take care of it I will ride along with any upsweep it may enjoy and the motion will just aid mine in resale value as it goes... There is an argument for waiting the year but at $8000 more is a turbo or supercharger really worth it?? Right now, today you can bump it to a good solid 250 HP for about $1200... I had every intension of doing just that but since owning it I have wondered if I even need to... So far it has preformed as asked with no moments of a lack of HP so now I might not do it... By 2007 I would also expect to see a bolt on Supercharger and generally they will run in the $3000 range...

If you are unsure you probably should not pull the trigger because no matter who you are, $35000 is still allot of money... It has to be something you like in the end so you will be the only opinion that really matters... I don't see how you could not like it but maybe that is just me... I love mine and paid cash so it was quite a leap but I have no regrets...

Old 11-18-2005, 08:23 PM

GO FOR IT!!!!

Old 11-18-2005, 08:40 PM

X2

Old 11-26-2005, 11:11 PM

Well did you get it???????