PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bumper Color Code

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 02:36 AM
Default Bumper Color Code

I have a tiny chip on my H3's rear bumper and wanted to get some touch-up paint to even it out. However, the dealer doesn't carry it and they don't know the color code for the bumper. Does anyone have the color code or can someone recommend a "matching" color that I can buy commercially.

Thanks,
FDT

Old 01-22-2007, 06:32 AM
Default RE: Bumper Color Code

Try these guys:

http://www.autovisuals.com/

Old 01-22-2007, 06:52 AM
JM

To my knowledge the bumper is NOT painted on the H.3[sm=smiley25.gif].

Old 01-22-2007, 06:57 AM

ORIGINAL: JM

To my knowledge the bumper is NOT painted on the H.3[sm=smiley25.gif].
I have NOOOO IDEA!!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 11:16 AM

So what is the color called then..the GM touch-up paint at the auto stores are all metallic..I think it's called gun metal gray

Autovisuals need a paint trim number, but that is only for the body color, not the bumpers..

Old 01-22-2007, 11:33 AM
JM

Dennis, in my opinion the bumper is not painted, is factory colored plastic.
Touching it up with paint will not look good.

We have here a kind of 'colored polish' , available in all sort of colors including 'dark grey'. I have used it on my rear bumper and the result is quiet good.
Does not resist more than 2 or 3 washes but you need the best of 5 minutes to apply it so, who cares.
It's also very good on minor paint scratches.

If you don't find it, I can easily mail you one tube by mail.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:42 PM

Thanks..I'll keep you in mind..

Old 01-24-2007, 03:36 AM

Thanks HummerBob. I'll look into it. BTW, the bumper is painted. Its a whitish color beneath the grey. If I run my fingertip across the chip I can feel the edge of the paint. Even the dealer verified that for me, but they don't know what touch-up color to use. To fix it they would have to match the color and repaint the entire bumper. I would rather they not do that, inasmuch as I may end up with a funky mismatch after it drys. I just need to find a color match in touch up paint.

Thanks,
FDT

Old 01-24-2007, 01:46 PM

Jean I think thought we meant the Gray plastic carbon fiber looking bumper parts...

FDT..if you find a handle on what color that is and where to get it ..lemme know..I have a 3" scratch on the rear lower bumper right down to the whitish primer,that I put in when I was pulling out my stock exhaust system[:@]

Old 01-24-2007, 02:17 PM
JM

After checking I confirm that NO part of the bumper is painted.
I not plastic neither.Is fiberglass.

In my opinion, the upper part is stamped fiberglass and the lower part is polished fiber glass. they are both finished with gelcoat (like a fiberglass boat) .

The 'whitish' is not a primer but the color of the raw fiber.

Actually the whole bumper is cold MOULDED ( I think 3 mould for the rear and 2 for the front).
My guess is that you will find the gelcoat finish color to match the bumper color in any half good shipchandler.
Best gelcoat manufacturer is HEMPEL.
There are not so much color references for gelcoat so, except if the gelcoat color has been specifically made for HUMMER, you should find the exact match without so much difficulties.

Quick Reply: Bumper Color Code