PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bulb Replacement/Dealer Decal Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 02:15 PM
Default Bulb Replacement/Dealer Decal Removal

Hi Guys,
Got two simple questions, have to replace mt left/rear turn signal, manual says use 3157K bulb but I can't find it in any auto stores around me, also don't want to wait for online delivery. Is 3157 bulb the same and ok to use? the Strauss people told me its the same bulb. In specs onlineI found only difference to be life span, the K being 10000 hours and regular being 5000 hours.
Also I want to remove the dam ugly sticker on rear door with my dealer name and address, its a silver sticker thing they put on the car bottom driver side next to spare tire. Is there an easy way to take it off? I have no idea what kind of glue that might be and dont want to rip paint off with the letters.....
Thanks
Rafael

Old 10-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Default RE: Bulb Replacement/Dealer Decal Removal

I didn't have time to do a search......But I bet these guys might have something to help you out.

http://www.eastwoodco.com/index.jsp

They have a forum as well....Might be able to ask a question or two there......

Old 10-07-2007, 04:29 PM

That bulb wil work just fine. Or if you want the long life, get the 3157LL.

I would just pick the decal off with your fingernails. Then go over that area with a polish or wax.

Old 10-07-2007, 06:00 PM

I put in the bulb earlier today seems to work fine like you say..... they did not have an LL either at the Strauss, but they had the same bulb/ same model 3157, but it said longer 2x life on it and 10000hours on it just like the K model. However I saw a ton of them like no one was buying them, while only a few regulars left, so I figured it must be a sign
only other model then had was 3157NA which is the amber color.

I will try the finger technique hopefully wont damage any paint.

Old 10-07-2007, 07:25 PM

WOAH! Mine just crapped out yesterday! Thanks for doing all the research for me!!!
did yours start doing the super fast blinkingjenky car semi-strobe that looks like it drank 10 red bulls?
I'm hoping thats a result of the burned bulb and the burned bulb was not a result of the fast blinking

Old 10-07-2007, 10:42 PM

hehe Yah, thats how I knew a bulb must have burnt out, the left turn signal started blinking fast like it was high on crack Crapped out on me couple days ago...... maybe it started a chain reaction H3 owners be aware, stock up on bulbs before the world sells out hehe

Old 10-08-2007, 11:25 AM

Use the wife's hair dryer to soften the adhesive and peel off. Use Goo-Begone or Goof-Off to remove any remaining residue.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:29 PM

If the decals are fairly new you can just peel them off. But once they harden up from the sun and detergent they will need softened up again. The hair dryer trick works real good but works even better when you soak them in WD-40. No, WD-40 will not hurt your paint and I even use it to get tape goo off of my kid when he has to wear a bandage that leaves sticky behind.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:33 PM

Pealed mine off the second I got home, and it didn't leave any residue or effect the paint at all. Don't know about what will happen if you leave it on there for a while.

Old 10-08-2007, 07:50 PM

Yah mine has been on there for almost 2 years now, but i will try and see if it will come off alone first.
To the guy with Bulb problem..... in the manual it says that after removing the 2 screws you need to pull gently to remove the light fixture...... I am not sure how it will go with yours but it definetely did not go gently in mine.... had to apply a decent amount of force to pull it off..... just a heads up in case you wondering why its not comming out

Quick Reply: Bulb Replacement/Dealer Decal Removal