PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Body Allignment

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Default Body Allignment

I have a question for you guys, when you sit in your car and look back into your mirrors, look at the back door lining up with the rear of the car, mainly the grove it creates between the door and the back at the rear tire bumper. Is it lined up perfectly or do you see it being angled a bit against the rest of the car ?? Mine is a little angled on both sides, meaning it is not a straight line like it should be in my opinion, although it is pretty small. The plastic seals that mold the undercarraige cover with the rest of the car body also are pretty crappy inserted, there is spaces in couple of spots where you can actually see under the car, and the space is bigger on one side then the other. Am I getting paranoid with all these problems I had or is this not right either ??

Old 01-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Default RE: Body Allignment

Your dealer forgot to tell you yours was drop off the truck on delv.

has happened

but most likely it was they way it was made , the super glue did not dry in time before they move it come on it is a GM
you want everthing perfect

Old 01-26-2006, 03:53 PM

HEHE, Not Funny !! its my car we are talking about :P they will sure be replacing the car if that is the case though..... How does yours look by the way ? all lined up perfectly? and actually for 40K, yes it has to be perfect, no matter if its GM or Kia

Old 01-26-2006, 04:58 PM

Mines ok what did you buy a gold package for 40k
mine was loaded it went for 38k and i got it for 34k my company get a discount from GM

Old 01-26-2006, 04:59 PM

Go to the dealer with yours and match it up with other ones on the lot then you know

Old 01-28-2006, 05:23 PM

Well I am talking with tax and all, and generalizing, mine is pretty much fully loaded luxury package, just no DVD and no chorme gas cap. I brought the price down to 34K. I will do just as you say. Now I noticed another problem, the car lift in the back door is making a lot of squeeking noises when i go over uneven pavement lol..... it did that to start with but I adjusted and stopped, when I was at the dealer the mechanic tightened it all the way and now it is doing it again. the cover over the lift is missing 2 pieces of plastic like somone sliced them off with a knife or something...... I really am starting to believe they dropped this baby off the truck lol..... they transfered this car from Long Island and took em like 5 days to get it from there, maybe they were trying to cover up their work O.O or maybe just putting all the defective parts from other cars onto mine

Old 01-28-2006, 11:36 PM

Hey dilo since you seem to answer most questions. I dont think this is normal also, but who knows, so many things wrong with my truck I am probably getting paranoid. Every time I drive for a little bit and then get off the highway, lets say i stop at a light. The car starts to lost rpms. what i mean suddenly it seems like it was dropping and then comes back, like it was choking, I think its usually one single drop...... First i thougt maybe its cuz of heat or AC commin on and off, but it happens even when it is off. Do you or anyone else experience this problem ?

Old 01-28-2006, 11:46 PM

No i been lucky so far that i would bring to the dealer it should not be doing that they are set at a certain rpms when ideling
i beleive 1000 rpms should not drop. What type of gas are you using. You should keep all your records from the dealer

Old 01-28-2006, 11:49 PM

ORIGINAL: Raffi76

Well I am talking with tax and all, and generalizing, mine is pretty much fully loaded luxury package, just no DVD and no chorme gas cap. I brought the price down to 34K. I will do just as you say. Now I noticed another problem, the car lift in the back door is making a lot of squeeking noises when i go over uneven pavement lol..... it did that to start with but I adjusted and stopped, when I was at the dealer the mechanic tightened it all the way and now it is doing it again. the cover over the lift is missing 2 pieces of plastic like somone sliced them off with a knife or something...... I really am starting to believe they dropped this baby off the truck lol..... they transfered this car from Long Island and took em like 5 days to get it from there, maybe they were trying to cover up their work O.O or maybe just putting all the defective parts from other cars onto mine

THE dealer did that to mine i had all scratchted interior parts they swaped it off another truck so anything can be possible

Old 01-29-2006, 04:30 AM

I use 87 as suggested...... I guess i got the car with all the faults in the world, its getting more and more ennoying at this point.. every time i get into this car I get upset with everything that is going on in it. No pleasure at all, all very upsetting. I dont think i even want this car cuz there is no way they will make it all right, I want them to replace it.... if it was only so easy.

Quick Reply: Body Allignment