PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank Nav Display

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by jmH3
I have performed many searches and I cannot find an easy replacement for the nav radio - everything I have found seems to require extensive modifications and wiring.

I did the exact search you are talking about. I wanted at any cost a Stereo/Nav system that gave me everything that this Navteq system offers. No dice!
After driving and renting many new cars, few systems are better than this stock GM nav system. I had one installer tell me the frequencies of the received signal differ on allot of units. That means that even if you found one unit you liked, you may have to change the antenna and its hard wiring.
Let's hope your fix works and you can brag about it.

Last edited by wfturner; 10-28-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 PM

Turns out my fix was not a fix at all. It lasted 2 whole days! Now the flickering is back and the screen keeps going blank after a few mins. There must be something loose or bad inside the unit is all I can tell. When I took the unit out of the chassis, checked the cables and removed the face plate it must have done something to temporarily restore the screen.

If anyone has any ideas, finds a fix, or finds a suitable nav/radio/XM-Sirius touch screen replacement that does not involve cutting, wiring, soldering, etc. I will be grateful.

Thanks and good luck to all of you who are suffering from this. I suppose if no other options are found, I will either have to try to find a good, used nav unit or set out and pay a professional to perform a custom installation of a new unit.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:51 PM

Has anyone seen this?

OCG H008 Radio DVD GPS Navigation Stereo Headunit for 2006 07 08 09 Hummer H3 | eBay

I'm a bit wary with it coming from China and there is no mention regarding whether it will work with the monsoon sound system and retain XM & OnStar, etc.

Regards,

Jeff

Old 10-30-2012, 03:24 PM

Or - this site has a few H3 nav units for sale - However I have the same concern - I can't tell whether they will work plug-n-play with the existing hookups if you take the OEM nav unit out (have moonsoon audio). If anyone has any experience with these units I will appreciate any info you care to share. Thanks everyone.

HONGKONG NAVINIO TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD

Old 10-30-2016, 01:25 PM
Default Blank navigation screen

Dude...I did exactly what was said(.....I pressed eject button 15 sec..it popped down..wiggled carbon ribbon & back in business. ..thnx dude