PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Big 3 upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Default Big 3 upgrade

Has anybody done this upgrade to the wiring on their truck to help compensate for the dimming lights that are caused by having a sound system in your truck?

I found a pretty good write up about it here: http://forum.sounddomain.com/ubbthre.../312025/page/1

I was wondering if anybody on these forums has done it.

Old 11-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Banned

i think the only bass notes that would ever dim lites would be from that "thump-thump" that some morons play with. its not music

if u need it ,heavy wires always help.

id use a 2nd batt if i were a moron and played thump-thump

in all cases crimping without soldering is setting up a future problem with corrosion, creating higher resistance

nobody will ever play real music at dimming levels for a long enuf time to matter anyway,,its only done to impress people, by people desperate for attention.

ifn u due pla it longer,,ure ears will slowly die and u wont matter

jus my opinion

ps, i do liks smashing real music in my monsoooons

Old 11-04-2010, 12:29 AM

just buy a capacitor, they'll store enough power for the max wattage hits

Old 11-04-2010, 07:41 AM

I have played " real music" and got my lights dim it just has to do with your settings, hell I played new York new York by frank sinatra pretty loud and my subs were able to drain enough to turn lights down, Wiring won't really help the car drain you would need a second battery or capacitor if your running bigger subs. Now if you put higher end tweeters and door speakers that need their own amp then your looking at new wiring for whole system.

Old 11-04-2010, 09:32 AM
Banned
Default capacitors

a one farad cap will run a 100 watt amp for,,,1 second!,,a batt is like 1000's of farads

Old 11-05-2010, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by drtom
i think the only bass notes that would ever dim lites would be from that "thump-thump" that some morons play with. its not music

in all cases crimping without soldering is setting up a future problem with corrosion, creating higher resistance

nobody will ever play real music at dimming levels for a long enuf time to matter anyway,,its only done to impress people, by people desperate for attention.

jus my opinion

I'm assuming you must text allot ?

Old 11-05-2010, 09:24 AM

a one farad cap will run a 100 watt amp for,,,1 second!,,a batt is like 1000's of farads
if he's not running a competition size system, then a second battery is not needed. Capacitors provide power for that quick burst when power is needed, then they are recharged immediately before the next burst.

Old 11-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Banned

im not debating anything,just stating facts to help decisions

allot ?

Old 03-13-2018, 09:38 PM
Default You're a moron

jus my opinion

you probably think the stock system is loud as ****. You're the kind of guy to go to Wal-Mart for subs

Old 03-14-2018, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by BlackMamba08
you probably think the stock system is loud as ****. You're the kind of guy to go to Wal-Mart for subs
You just revived a 7 year + OLD thread, drtom was banned so you are not talking to him. Stick with threads at the front of the board.

See: https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/

Quick Reply: Big 3 upgrade