PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Best way to remove head unit/nav unit?

Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Default Best way to remove head unit/nav unit?

Just curious if there is an install document on this.. gonna pull mine. Mostly wondering how to remove the bezel..

Old 07-17-2011, 05:47 PM

The easiest way to remove the bezel is to open up the 2 cig lighter holes in the bottom right, put both your thumbs in them, and just pull on it. it's all clips holding it in. then you'll just need to disconnect the wiring harness' and you're good to go (there's quite a few harness', do your best to keep track of them). Then the bracket for the head unit simply unbolts.

hope this helps

Old 07-19-2011, 06:04 AM

I agree with autobot85, also I believe the wire harnessess are specific to where they have to go for length and what the plug into so it might be a one of those things that car makers did to help out mechanics. Good Luck

Old 07-19-2011, 09:32 AM
Banned
Default fun n games

minor point, i use 2 fingers on right hand,lift up and pull out.

major point,this was a clumsey klutzy operation b4 i disabled the shift lock.
from memory; turn key on,push brake,pull shifter back to make room for panel,work with key in/on or shift back to park,get crowded,get mad,break things!!

i killed the shift lock. now i get in without key,shift to low,and get to work,wide open space,no key no power on, no anger.

ps, pulling the connectors is a learning experience i must relearn each time. just how does that latch work??!

Old 07-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Default Best way to remove head unit/nav unit?

park in a bad part of town with the doors unlocked.

Old 07-19-2011, 04:30 PM
Banned

oh yeah,park in a bad part of town.......

Old 07-20-2011, 12:58 AM

It might take even a while in the "bad parts of town" here.. It's July 20th and we just had our first murder of the year last week..

We average oh, 1 or 2 murders a year..

Old 07-20-2011, 09:49 AM
Banned

yahl r livin right in bama!
in chicago where they have gun control its more dangerous than bagdad. chi= about 500 ded bodies/yr and the good guys cant shoot back!

im in indiana where its peaceful and most folks can pack, and crooks know it

Old 07-20-2011, 11:49 AM
Super Moderator

Use both thumbs???????????? I don't know abot you, but I only have one thumb on each hand?

Two fingers on right hand like drtom said.

For some excitement...... make sure to lick your fingers good first and stick them in all the way when you start to pull.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:21 PM
Banned
Default lick your fingers good first and stick them in all the way when you start to pull.

sounds like fun,,but i have tried every which way to get even a sliight "tickle "with 12 v,,cant do it,even sweaty hands dont do it!! not enuf volts.

old radio guys who work with 12v stuff get lazy,,then one day we get a good old "tube"radio that needs a filter,,zowie!!gotta be carefull with hi volts, but i havnt been killed,yet

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best way to remove head unit/nav unit?