PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed liner on door handles...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Default Bed liner on door handles...

I did a search.... couldn't find exactly what i was looking for. has anyone Line-X'ed (or dupli-color bed lined) their door handles/mirrors? i came across a couple posts where the grill was sprayed with liner (and looks awesome, and likely soon to happen on my H3). my door handles and mirrors are already black, but over the years, they have faded tremendously and could use a face lift.

Has anyone done this? pics?

and a quick follow up question... for those of you who have sprayed their grills with the dupli-color bed liner.... when you hit the chrome with sand paper, how much are you trying to grind off? and does it come off easily?

Old 07-20-2010, 09:47 PM

I know some have gone the route of line-xing the mirrors but never the door handles... It would be a major PIA to get them perfect so that they didnt bind up when opening the doors, 5X and I think most go another route...

Old 07-20-2010, 09:55 PM

Brainstorming on alternatives for the door handles.... i think it would be a lot easier (rather than removing the door handles) to purchase the chrome door handle covers, sand off the chrome, and spray on the liner... thoughts?

i just started thinking of doing this earlier today, so please, if you see a "snag" in this plan, please let me know.

thanks!

Old 07-20-2010, 09:57 PM

I would go with billet handles, though costly a much more stout alternative, add the bedliner to those puppies and your looking at something almost indestructible...

Old 07-20-2010, 10:04 PM

Just looked on ebay at billett handles for about $200 for the set... each handle is about 1.5 lbs.

that's what im talkin about!

Old 07-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Default line-ex

I just line-exed my door handles and mirrors! so far they look great. i will post oics as soon as i complete everything. no problems with the clearance of them working.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:57 PM

Did anyone finish this project to where they could post pics? I am interested in this as I can't seem to find replacement handles to swap for my chrome ones.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:58 PM

I'd love to see some pics of this..

Old 08-06-2010, 12:00 PM

i rhino lined my mirrors, and bought the black handles from a GM dealership (grandpa works there so i was able to get 30% discount on all my stuff!)

Old 08-06-2010, 04:59 PM

I dupli lined the grille and wheels and it's held up great. Your not really trying to sand off the chrome your just roughing it up good to give the primer something to bite onto.

My mirrors have taken a beating and are a little faded so I will probably do it here in the future along with the upper rails, But I have to take the gobi off for that and that's waiting until a twice yearly pull for waxing under it. If you were going to line the handles you would probably want to start with black ones and then use several coats.

Quick Reply: Bed liner on door handles...