PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Barnwell Mountain (Gilmer, TX) Off Road Run Saturday 09/29/07

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 01:29 AM
Default Barnwell Mountain (Gilmer, TX) Off Road Run Saturday 09/29/07

Place holder for trip details, attendees and general info. All new or pertinent skinny on this tripwill be updated/added here:

This invitationis open to any and all forum members within range of the site.

http://www.barnwellmountainra.com/index.html

Property Description
TMTCs 1st Property was officially opened in July 2000 and has become one of the premiere off-highway parks in the United States.
BMRA is one of the largest projects principally using the Recreational Trails Program Grant Process.

Property Location:Located 5 miles North of Gilmer, TX on Hwy. 155.
From Gilmer turn east onto Hwy 155 North (this is a stoplight). Go approx. 5 miles and as you start to climb a hill look for a green sign on the left pointing to the right that says "Barnwell Mountain Recreation Area". You have to watch for the turn off because it is at the crest of the hill and you will miss it if you are not paying attention. This sign is directly across the Hwy from the entrance. Turn right, go through the gate and up the hill.... you can't miss it.

BMRA
6284 State Highway 155 N
Gilmer, TX 75645

(This is the "official" 911 address of the park.)

Fee Structure /Day-Use Membership (Available to anyone, anytime): $20 Per Vehicle Per Day
Includes: Gate Access for one vehicle for one calendar day to a TMTC Park
Camping access to same said park (per night)
$10.00 Dry Camping Fees, $20.00 RV Electric Sites

Tentative dates and times: Saturday 09/29/07

Meet-Up Locations: TBD

Attendees:

dmb7280
Gunner_45
Steve #1
HUMMER DRIVER
preslb

Old 08-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Default RE: Barnwell Mountain (TX) Off Road Run Saturday 09/29/07

Old 08-20-2007, 01:55 AM

OK boys....Who's in ?

Old 08-20-2007, 06:40 AM

I just put in the paperwork to have the night off work, so I'm in for sure.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:09 AM

Mark, you're da man.. I had no idea this place existed. I'm gonna turn my son onto this place too, he loves to take his little 4wheeler out and run around in the dirt.

HELL YEA I'LL BE THERE!

Old 08-20-2007, 01:58 PM

awesome! thanks for organizing it, mark. seeing as i suggested the date, i'd better be in . just buffed out the scratches i got from there last night...or at least tried. fyi to everyone, this place is very easy to find.

where's garrett? he better man up and come with...

Old 08-20-2007, 02:37 PM

That looks like a really cool place. It is only a few hours from me and I had no idea. That sound like something I would really be interested in. I am still a newbie to my H3, been in it about 2 months now. I have been looking for a chance to go play with her. Please keep me up to date on the details.
Thanks,
Preston

Old 08-20-2007, 11:53 PM

Ok so far we have the following folks interested in attending: (I'll keep adding names up top as they chime in)

dmb7280
Gunner_45
Steve #1
HUMMER DRIVER
preslb

I'll give the joint a call tomorrow to verify availability. (I had no password to get into their calendar)

Note: I have put in for the time off, but was told I needed to remain "fluid" in my plans during the months of Sept and Oct...F'ers !

You fellers feel free to ask questions, make suggestions etc.........Maybe state your level of OR experience and type of ride (H3 --base--adventure--etc)

Dave, you wanna recap the trail types and minimal gear needed to traverse 'em without damage?
You are the veteran where this place is concerned....
What would you recommend for a first trip out?

Personally, I'm thinking a shake-down run....check things out...nothing real radical...
I don't have any UPC or rock rails onmy rig yet and from what I've seen on some videos
of the place, if you get above a certain trail rating, those items are a MUST.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:10 AM

I've got a 3 week old base H3. The closest I've had it to off road is a gravel parking lot.

I've got 15+ years of off roading experiance with my K5 Blazer and an F150...... not sure how I'll do with a small vehicle.

I've got a strap and a clevis for recovery. Don't plan on getting crazy.... not that I havn't said that before.

Old 08-21-2007, 09:38 AM

I've got an 07 H3 w/ adventure package. She is only a few month old and I have not yet done anything to help with off-roading. Just a few appearence things. I have several years of experience with a Jeep but I am not quite ready to do anything real crazy with my new ride. It sound like most of yall are from the Dallas area. If I pull this trip off I will be coming from Nacogdoches (my home) but I am going to be headed to Dallas for a Cowboys game the next day. Works out great because in my ownmindI can say it is on the way.

Quick Reply: Barnwell Mountain (Gilmer, TX) Off Road Run Saturday 09/29/07