PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto headlights and Drl dont work

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Default auto headlights and Drl dont work

Hello forum I am a newbee so thank you all in advance. I have a 08 H3 the headlights do not work in auto everything thinks they are on but no headlamps. Manual is fine. Also the Drl lamps don't work also on headlamps for 08. Any one else have this problem

Old 08-12-2013, 06:17 PM

did this suddenly happen after years of normal operation,,,or did you just buy it and have not checked all fuses yet,,there are scores of them.

I killed my drl with the fuse pulled.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:21 AM

Thanks happythree no I purchased it last week and relized auto lamps don't work so then I checked fuse and related lamps then saw drlls also don't work.at dark all lights come on except headlights. Or in daylight eels don't come on in gear. The headlights work in manual fine.I take it back to dealer wed. They said they will fix it but curios if others had this issue.not to happy although they gave it a quick check and broke tabs off fuse cover all 4 gonna make them replace it lol

Old 08-13-2013, 08:50 AM

IF, they replace the cover you will find yourselt routinely breaking off the tabs one by one till the're out of the way! as soon as I did the first and still struggled I just broke them all and its nice n ez now.
I never had the light prob and don't remember it here. it is a messy system. I admit I don't know what to expect,IF I ever turn the ****.

Old 08-15-2013, 07:17 AM
Default their on no their not!!

Well still working on problem.problem is dealer is not familar with proper operation of system. The question I have is for the guys who have drl on headlight. In auto do your head lights only come on when you take the truck out of park.same as drl. Owners manual says that is how they work. If so the common point there is shifting from park both drl and headlight don't work when that happens. Also when you turn auto to off does that turn all lamps off and then work in manual till next start. I know its a lot of ??? But need to know the correct operation manual not real clear thank you

Old 08-15-2013, 10:10 AM

if the "x perts "don't know, I think this may require a consensus of three or more h3 lined up to verify just what to expect.

I feel better now knowing the dealer is no more aware than me!!

there was a post about killing all lights as a requirement for military base use.

Old 08-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Default Go Marines

Its funny you say that happythree, it just happens the guy that had it before me just got out of the military, I dont know if he had it on base where he was at after he got home from Iraq He was in for a while it could be. I will try and get in touch with him but have another shot at dealer when they get info from GM. by the time they figure it out I will be used to turning them on manually lol.

Old 08-19-2013, 09:17 PM

love to know how to do it!