PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Anyone know how many 2009 Championship Editions made?

Old 12-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Question Anyone know how many 2009 Championship Editions made?

Just curious if anyone knows how to find out how many of the 2009 Championship Special Edition H3 were built? Also, what does an Alpha have that the S/E does not?

Old 12-28-2009, 04:09 PM

I have read that 500 each for here and export were made but have no proof.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:18 PM

It would be cool to know how many, although I see another one regularly near my neighborhood, so doesn't seem that special.

The 2009 Alpha has standard luxury package (leather, heated seats, monsoon, homelink...) and chrome mirrors and door handles. Those could be added to the CE (mine has neither).

An interesting note, if you run a carfax on the VIN of a CE, it comes up listed as an Alpha. I guess the engine code in the VIN is what determines it.

Old 12-29-2009, 04:54 PM

Pretty much it is a stripped Alpha, that's why I like it. Never been a real big fan of chrome or add-on stuff.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:18 PM

I wish it had that leather wrapped Alpha steering wheel, vanity lights and power passenger seat, but it doesn't. It does come with the Monsoon stereo and power driver seat. It is a mix of Base, Adventure and Alpha with a few touches of its own embellishments. Don't forget the extra stopping and shock power of the red calipers and shocks. My wife wanted a Victory Red H3, all she got was painted shocks and brakes. I got a flat black racing stripe on a v8 silver bullet with fender flares. Is that 500 units quote right? That's pretty cool, only 10 per state and even less if you go by how many states President Obama thinks we have.

Old 12-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Well, I am seriously thinking about buying one. I found a nice used one with low miles that has all the things I want (V-8, F&R Lockers etc.) and don't want (Chrome/Bling). It does not have leather seats but I can get the Katzskinz kit for less than $1500.

Does anyone know if it's still easy to purchase parts for them such as the cab lights? If I get it I would really like to get a set.

Old 12-30-2009, 07:42 AM

Originally Posted by voxmandoo
I wish it had that leather wrapped Alpha steering wheel, vanity lights and power passenger seat, but it doesn't. It does come with the Monsoon stereo and power driver seat. It is a mix of Base, Adventure and Alpha with a few touches of its own embellishments. Don't forget the extra stopping and shock power of the red calipers and shocks. My wife wanted a Victory Red H3, all she got was painted shocks and brakes. I got a flat black racing stripe on a v8 silver bullet with fender flares. Is that 500 units quote right? That's pretty cool, only 10 per state and even less if you go by how many states President Obama thinks we have.

Mine doesn't have Monsoon stereo, must have been an option.

Old 12-30-2009, 08:13 AM

hardcorediesel where are you located? a dealership is always a viable option for the roof marker lights, if you wanted to save coin than go through some of the aftermarket companies out there or even ebay...

Old 12-30-2009, 08:18 AM

My C/E game with the chrome package Mirrors, step bars, Chrome wheels and door handles. Also the Moonsooon stereo was included

I would prefer there was no chrome. I immediately took the chrome wheels off and had 18" black wheels installed the second day I had it.

Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 PM

Yep, looked at the dealer invoice sheet and I see that the Monsoon (UC6) was a $845 option. Lynch subcontracted the heated leather seating in mine and charged me a beaten up '99 Cherokee SE or $1500 however you want to look at it. Check out my garage for a look at my Champ w/ leather and custom wheels.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone know how many 2009 Championship Editions made?