PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Aloha HF!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Default Aloha HF!!

Wow, it's been awhile!!

Anyway, like usual just wanted to share some pics of my mud boggin' last weekend. The bog I went through came up right beneath my windows and I have a 4" lift with 1.5" Jeep shackles in the rear and with 37" tires!! So you can imagine how deep this thing was...sorry no video we were all in the pit and no one wanted to get out - LOL!!

You can tell from the pic how deep the mud was...

Going thorough I couldn't even see my hood...we had a strange underwater sound filling the cabin, thought I wasn't going to make it out but I did!!

A closer look...

Old 01-24-2008, 09:34 PM
Default RE: Aloha HF!!

BE CAREFULL!!!! That underwater sound you hear maybe water and mud under your carpet! I know cause I've heard it. You may want to pull a scuff plate and check under your carpet! I could hear it sloshing under there while i was driving. See my previous posts for picks. If you flew through the mud you should be ok, but if you sat and spun awhile, you may not. I actually think the mud came through a hole in the sheetmetal behind the passenger kick panel. I'm sure your fine, but check just in case!!!! But those are some bad *** picks!!!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 09:56 PM

Hey Marc!!

CLEAN THAT RIG!!!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:12 PM

cool! Now your rig is black!

Old 01-24-2008, 10:23 PM

Dude, you change tires more often than some folks change underwear.

What happened to the IROCS?

How many axles and tie-rods you been through.....? (Got your own supply stash now?)

Good to see you posting again.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:36 PM

Looks great, thanks for sharing the pics.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:49 PM

Wow, those are some crazy pictures, But i do have one question; If you were riding in water up to your windows would`nt have water leaked into the interior like what happened to another member that was half of what you claim to be in and also how did you possibly not manage to suck in any water through your air intake

Old 01-24-2008, 11:51 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like fun...everything but the cleanup.

Old 01-25-2008, 12:40 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Hey Marc!!

CLEAN THAT RIG!!!!!

Hey Marc!!

DON'T CLEAN THAT RIG !!!

It looks bad azz that way...

Old 01-25-2008, 12:58 AM

Hey guys keep in mind this is not "water" but thick-*** sludgy mud!!

Nothing came into the cabin,I was spinning a bit but there is also rocks and boulders under that thick mud so Inot only had to fight the thick sticky mud but crawl boulders as well!! The lift and larger tires did help clear it.

Here's an old video of the same pit. http://www.4x4boyz.com/vids/mudplay01.14.07.htmlWhen I went last weekend, it rained for about 2 weeks straight so the pit was about two feet deeper

As for my tierods, nope I gave up on waiting for the dealership and a friend of mine over at the Hummer X Club is hooking me up with a pair, once in I have to sendoneto Jaci over at Elc0va (I know, i know..) she did help me out though!

Quick Reply: Aloha HF!!