PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Air conditioning problem!...grrr

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 12:42 AM

Worknit had the parts list spot on.
Went to the dealer today. While the parts are covered under the original warranty, if your lucky enough to have one. Only one parts is covered by an extended GMPP. The wiring harness is a eight dollar part ( covered). The resistor is a 40 dollar part, ( not covered). If you call GMPP ahead of time, the dealer must use one to fix the other, so all you will need to pay is your deductable, if you have one.

If you do not have a warranty. Purchase both parts above at gmpartsdirect.com. Prices vary per day but are much cheaper than dealer pricing. I watched my dealer replace the unit. Very easy 15 minute swap. The replacement resistor and cable jumper are located directly behind the passenger glove box. It may be easier to remove it. But the dealer had done enough of them that he could wiggle his hands into the space and find the connections without pulling anything. He only disconnected the glove box pull string allowing it to drop lower.
PN: 10397098 (Resistor 9.215) $34.95
- PN: 12059296 (Connector 9.778) $4.50

Old 09-23-2010, 12:55 PM

I am having the same problem with my 06 H3. Called today and was told there is a problem with the harnesses and that they are on back order but to bring it in anyhow. Also having a problem with the check engine light staying on. Fuel cap light cae on, had it tested and was told I needed a new fuel cap, and that should do it. Put the new fuel cap on and the check engine light still has not gone off. Very frustrating! Anyone having these problems? Had a problem a few months ago with the low tire light on, kept checing the tires and all of the tires kept losing air. Took it to the shop and the was told that air was leaking from around every weight and every tire. Had that fixed and still getting the low tire indicator.

Old 09-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Old 11-19-2011, 04:55 PM

BTW. Register you complaints on-line here! You just need your VIN and that can eventually force a recall!. Consumers who encounter such problems can report them to the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)

Read more: How Do Car Recalls Work? - AskMen

Old 06-05-2016, 04:42 PM

Hi I'm new to this forum as well. I've got an A/C problem I can't figure out I have a 07 h3 the Ac was working good one day then it just started blowing warm air after driving a couple mins. Now anytime I push the snowflake button for the A/C it blinks 3 times and will not stay lit. Yesterday it worked for a bit turned off truck then start back up and AC button would not work anymore since. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks

Old 06-06-2016, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Miket2727
Hi I'm new to this forum as well. I've got an A/C problem I can't figure out I have a 07 h3 the Ac was working good one day then it just started blowing warm air after driving a couple mins. Now anytime I push the snowflake button for the A/C it blinks 3 times and will not stay lit. Yesterday it worked for a bit turned off truck then start back up and AC button would not work anymore since. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated thanks
Welcome to HF.

First thing to do is avoid posting in FOUR YEAR OLD + threads.

You have an 07, how old is that? Nine year old vehicles will need some work. When was the last time you checked or filled the AC juice??? Advance Auto sells AC Pro and the refill canister has a pressure gauge on it. They can pressure test your system for free and tell you if it needs a refill, then you buy the AC Pro.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Welcome to HF.

First thing to do is avoid posting in FOUR YEAR OLD + threads.

You have an 07, how old is that? Nine year old vehicles will need some work. When was the last time you checked or filled the AC juice??? Advance Auto sells AC Pro and the refill canister has a pressure gauge on it. They can pressure test your system for free and tell you if it needs a refill, then you buy the AC Pro.
Lol. Sorry I can't figure out how to make a new thread on this. But thank you I will try taking it to advance auto. It's a 2007 hummer h3. I had a snall gauge but without the Ac compressor running I can't get a reading. The instrument panel won't let me turn on the Ac. Only recirculate and defrost will turn on.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

Lol. Sorry I can't figure out how to make a new thread on this. But thank you I will try taking it to advance auto. It's a 2007 hummer h3. I had a snall gauge but without the Ac compressor running I can't get a reading. The instrument panel won't let me turn on the Ac. Only recirculate and defrost will turn on.
When your system is empty, the AC clutch should not turn on so as to avoid toasting the compressor. So everything you are describing is an empty or very low system charge.

Old 06-06-2016, 11:53 AM

I'll try that out thanks. Any idea on why the 1 fan speed don't work anymore? It hasn't worked since I replaced resistor
Months ago!

Old 06-06-2016, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

I'll try that out thanks. Any idea on why the 1 fan speed don't work anymore? It hasn't worked since I replaced resistor
Months ago!
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...call-gm-35541/

Quick Reply: Air conditioning problem!...grrr